Two For the Price of One

Vortac

I don't think there are any really good riding spots near Cleveland. I could be wrong though. However, if you travel South about 1.5 hrs you can hit up the Apple Valley and Amish country areas. Those are pretty good. Beaverun is amazing.

amish country is pretty fun there are a bunch of nice roads around there.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oberlin... about 10 miles west of me.

Welcome. We'll get some rides going this summer. Myself, InyaAzz, RVTPilot, Shittygsxr (sometimes), and r1Crusher are all really close to the Oberlin area.

Love the Interceptor.

cool... any suggestions of places to look to live (and places to steer clear of)??

cool... any suggestions of places to look to live (and places to steer clear of)??

What kind of atmosphere are you looking for? Closer to cleveland, more country, what?

Oberlin is...quaint. It's a middle-class college town (maybe even toward the upper middle), but it's country - flat country. The more west you go, to more country it gets until you hit Toledo.

Lakefront is in Vermillion / Lorain, but Lorain is pretty ghetto, as is Elyria. Certain areas anyway - each town has it's crappy areas and nice® areas.

For riding though, you're kinda screwed.... all the good stuff is south (Coshocton / Mohican area).

If you have specific questions on specific parts of town - I'll do my best to give an opinion - I've only lived here for 5 years.

What kind of atmosphere are you looking for? Closer to cleveland, more country, what?

Oberlin is...quaint. It's a middle-class college town (maybe even toward the upper middle), but it's country - flat country. The more west you go, to more country it gets until you hit Toledo.

Lakefront is in Vermillion / Lorain, but Lorain is pretty ghetto, as is Elyria. Certain areas anyway - each town has it's crappy areas and nice® areas.

For riding though, you're kinda screwed.... all the good stuff is south (Coshocton / Mohican area).

If you have specific questions on specific parts of town - I'll do my best to give an opinion - I've only lived here for 5 years.

ehh, i don't mind the country :D.

i know this is bassackwards, but i'd rather live in a decent area, and have to go a little ways to find good riding than live in a crappy area closer to the good riding spots.

so stay away from lakefront, vermillion, lorain, and elyria?

ehh, i don't mind the country :D.

i know this is bassackwards, but i'd rather live in a decent area, and have to go a little ways to find good riding than live in a crappy area closer to the good riding spots.

so stay away from lakefront, vermillion, lorain, and elyria?

Forget about riding... like i said, you're looking at an hours ride minimum to get to the good stuff, regardless of where you're staying up here.

And again... there are certain parts that aren't bad. I live on the South-side of Elyria, which is, in my opinion, a "decent" area. I'm close to 480 (so I can get to the airport in 20 minutes), and I'm 45 minutes from Norwalk when I want to go drag racing. I'm sure Lorain has some nice spots too. What radius from work are you looking? All the really nice places are in Avon and Westlake, but that's even farther east than Elyria - you might have a 45 min commute everyday with traffic. How long a commute do you want to have every day? That'll help me judge where a good spot is for you.

well, not knowing anything about the place, i can't really say about the commute... i just don't know. looking at a map, Avon and Westlake don't look too far, but that goes back to not knowing the area.

i'm sure i'll have more questions as april gets closer, so i might get back to ya.. thanks!