Good body shop/Paint shop?

Veritas

I'm wanting to find a GOOD shop - GOOD doesn't mean overly priced though, but I know you get what you pay for so if anyone knows of a good, solid shop out there that may be a little pricey but does quality work let me know. I need to get my 90 eagle talon which is the black and gray repainted either back to stock coloring, or a black with a metalic flake to it or some such.

Trying to see if I can get it done before the end of the year and winter is here for us all.

Thanks again!

i do. hes on cdsm. running a tube chassis dsm. in the 7s

Yeah, well, this isn't cdsm, and that guy isn't a sponsor here.

Terron, you can also try to get ahold of Rolla, he does good work too. Not that I'm saying anything bad about Kevin, either would be a good choice.

First Impressions is at 4000 Sullivant Ave.If you do go there ask for Chris Brown and tell him Kevin Courtright sent you.I've known him for 15 years.If you go to Clifford Automotive don't miss it.820 W Broad.I've seen pics on here of Clifford Automotives work and it looked very good in my opinion.

Do not use ROLLA! Horrible recommendation! I will be telling everyone my horror story with Rolla and my NOVA soon! Stay away from ROLLA. You have been warned.

yes, please post.

ive had work done by rolla in the past, as have many members on here, and i had no problems. good work done at a good price. cant ask for much more than that.

DO NOT take it to First Impressions!

Wanna know my first impression? The owner, 7 second DSM or not, can't do shit worth of work even when sober, which isn't often. I had my Blazer to him three times, with him installing wrong parts, half-assing repairs, having ME install the parts (third brake light after I had to pick it up), then trying to overcharge me and my insurance company for work/parts not completed. Third time was not the charm, as I finally took the truck as-is and finished the work myself and my insurance company when after him for fraud.

I will say, biased or not, Kevin Clifford has done a damned good job with both repairs and custom work on the Formula and GTP, and I've sent several people to him with great results. Give him a shot.

Wanna know my first impression? The owner, 7 second DSM or not, can't do shit worth of work even when sober, which isn't often. I had my Blazer to him three times, with him installing wrong parts, half-assing repairs, having ME install the parts (third brake light after I had to pick it up), then trying to overcharge me and my insurance company for work/parts not completed. Third time was not the charm, as I finally took the truck as-is and finished the work myself and my insurance company when after him for fraud.

I will say, biased or not, Kevin Clifford has done a damned good job with both repairs and custom work on the Formula and GTP, and I've sent several people to him with great results. Give him a shot.

My brother is a painter there and I think they do great work, he just painted Bill Lutz turboed camaro.

That's great, I think they do shitty work no matter who's car they just painted. You can thank the owner for my opinion, not your brother.

Sounds like you had some fun there. Every shop will have customers who have had a bad experience. I happen to know a few of the guys over there and from what I have seen, the work has been good. Of course I haven't seen everything, but from the work I have seen and had done, I was happy. I guess if you aren't a sponsor shop, you can be shit on. Kind of funny how that works around here. That being said, I don't know Kevin from Joe, but the work he has posted on here looks to be good. I also know that outside of Anthony's bad experience, First Impressions has done some good work as well. Phil also did some work on my dad's old car a long time ago and it looked very good too. Another thing, the Camaro was referenced to show the quality of his brother's work. Some people know the car and have seen it in person, so he probably figured that would speak for itself. It's obvious you were less than pleased with your experience there, so the comments are understandable. I feel the same way about places that have screwed me multiple times.

Don't get me wrong, sponsor shops on here aren't subject to immunity from criticism. It happens.

But for a shop to blatantly lie about work done and parts replaced, then fuck me in the process and finally being investigated for insurance fraud, what does that say?

That's why I have a problem with them.

Sounds like you had some fun there. Every shop will have customers who have had a bad experience. I happen to know a few of the guys over there and from what I have seen, the work has been good. Of course I haven't seen everything, but from the work I have seen and had done, I was happy. I guess if you aren't a sponsor shop, you can be shit on. Kind of funny how that works around here. That being said, I don't know Kevin from Joe, but the work he has posted on here looks to be good. I also know that outside of Anthony's bad experience, First Impressions has done some good work as well. Phil also did some work on my dad's old car a long time ago and it looked very good too. Another thing, the Camaro was referenced to show the quality of his brother's work. Some people know the car and have seen it in person, so he probably figured that would speak for itself. It's obvious you were less than pleased with your experience there, so the comments are understandable. I feel the same way about places that have screwed me multiple times.

IPS is a sponser and gets shit on on this site.......

Don't get me wrong, sponsor shops on here aren't subject to immunity from criticism. It happens.

But for a shop to blatantly lie about work done and parts replaced, then fuck me in the process and finally being investigated for insurance fraud, what does that say?

That's why I have a problem with them.

I understand completely. I would be more than pissed at that situation. If you don't mind me asking, when did this happen? Just curious.

Not sure what kind of experience you had with Phil in that past and its none of my business but as far as saying he does not know what he is doing I would have to disagree with that. He does very good work and he expects the same quality out of his employees including me. We have done a few cars from this board like VW Jeff's evo, Mark's hood for his Z06, and Brandon's (from IPS) Audi just to name a few. They seemed happy with the work done at First Impressions. Like I said I don't know what happened between you Phil in the past but since I have worked for him I have seen nothing but good things come out of that shop.