Turn signal switch replace on 98 Trans am

clayton006

Well it looks like it may not be the switch. So here is what happens.

When I hit the switch in either direction, the light on my dash stays solid, then starts to flicker really really fast. The outside lights don't do anything. The switch will click in the on position on either side and will return to the normal position when the steering wheel turns.

But when I hit my hazard switch on my car. All my lights blink like they should..

So could it still be the turn signal switch that is screwed up?

I would be willing to look at it, but it sounds like a flasher relay. I'm not positive about your car but most GM cars have 2 relays, 1 for the 4 way flashers and 1 for the turn signals. Should be able to swap the two and see if your turn signals work. If I wasn't so lazy I could go look at my to find out excatly where they are.

Yeah my running lights work. I'll have to check on the relay thing and see if there is a seperate on for my turn signals. Now that you mention it I had a 95 formula that had the 4 way flashers do the same thing and I changed a relay under the dash.