Wheelie tips

12oclocker

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But it's also expensive to stop for said police...

*cough* $2200 for me *cough*

I didn't say "stop", just that it's illegal to run. I got caught once, but the officer never showed to court. It was a big dumb situation with a smalltown cop that escallated to a big deal with a bunch of sherriffs. In the end the smalltown officer was told to leave the scene, and the arresting officer had much sympathy for me being severely harrassed by "Barney" and never showed to court.:badgerrock:

$5 spent on gas.

$0 spent on lawyer.

All 8 of the charges dropped.....Priceless.

I didn't say "stop", just that it's illegal to run. I got caught once, but the officer never showed to court. It was a big dumb situation with a smalltown cop that escallated to a big deal with a bunch of sherriffs. In the end the smalltown officer was told to leave the scene, and the arresting officer had much sympathy for me being severely harrassed by "Barney" and never showed to court.:badgerrock:

$5 spent on gas.

$0 spent on lawyer.

All 8 of the charges dropped.....Priceless.

awesome!, or you can slip the cop a $100 bill, with your license, while letting him know it was the "other bike" he will laugh it off, and walk back to his cruiser. lol!

awesome!, or you can slip the cop a $100 bill, with your license, while letting him know it was the "other bike" he will laugh it off, and walk back to his cruiser. lol!

I don't carry enough cash for that..

3 cars - 5 officers

4 bikes - 4 officers

I guess they were planning a chase...It took about a minute for him to hit the lights. Those pigs came from every direction too.

I don't carry enough cash for that..

3 cars - 5 officers

4 bikes - 4 officers

I guess they were planning a chase...It took about a minute for him to hit the lights. Those pigs came from every direction too.

Full story please, thanks!

I've got one too but until somebody can give me the official word on the statute of limitations on felony evasion...I'm only kidding about having a story.:D

Brief version of full story.

Phoenix, AZ.

From stoplight 11PM'ish, cross intersection clutch up in 1st gear. Drop back down almost as quick as the front end came up. Didn't get over 20MPH. See cop behind me, so just go on cruising at speed limit. A minute later he hits lights, I signal and pull over. Within 30 sec 4 cars and 4 bikes surround me (my helmet and gloves are off and I'm retrieving insurance and license). I get lectured and then placed under arrest (not handcuffed though). I had Ohio plates and an AZ lisense, a longer story, but that was the reason for the "arrest" (I was going to school at MMI). Cop tells me he's impounding the bike and taking me to jail. I argue and resist and tell him he has no basis. He goes to his car and 10 minutes later comes back with a citation for "Exhibition of Speed" tells me my court date. Tells me, and his exact words "That's doing you a favor" I smiled put my helmet on didn't say a word and rode off.

Court day comes and they didn't have a file on me. I didn't know then, but I could have pled guilty and walked with no charges at all. Well I didn't know this so I pled innocent, got a lawyer and got my Exhibition of Speed dropped to Criminal, 20+ MPH, speeding. Ended up with 700 in court costs and 1500 for an attorney.

I move back to Ohio and the 3 point Criminal speeding is not on my record...Somebody forgot to transfer it in the BMV I guess..

• 1 month later...

I've got one too but until somebody can give me the official word on the statute of limitations on felony evasion...I'm only kidding about having a story.:D

I cant give you the statue of limitations on this, I can do more research but the Ohio revised code for this type of "moving violation" is as follows

2921.331 Failure to comply with order or signal of police officer.

I could be wrong but check it out. google Ohio revised code and search that and see what you can come up with

• 3 weeks later...

most felonies are three years IIRC... then more serious ones are seven. murder never expires.

Brief version of full story.

Phoenix, AZ.

From stoplight 11PM'ish, cross intersection clutch up in 1st gear. Drop back down almost as quick as the front end came up. Didn't get over 20MPH. See cop behind me, so just go on cruising at speed limit. A minute later he hits lights, I signal and pull over. Within 30 sec 4 cars and 4 bikes surround me (my helmet and gloves are off and I'm retrieving insurance and license). I get lectured and then placed under arrest (not handcuffed though). I had Ohio plates and an AZ lisense, a longer story, but that was the reason for the "arrest" (I was going to school at MMI). Cop tells me he's impounding the bike and taking me to jail. I argue and resist and tell him he has no basis. He goes to his car and 10 minutes later comes back with a citation for "Exhibition of Speed" tells me my court date. Tells me, and his exact words "That's doing you a favor" I smiled put my helmet on didn't say a word and rode off.

Court day comes and they didn't have a file on me. I didn't know then, but I could have pled guilty and walked with no charges at all. Well I didn't know this so I pled innocent, got a lawyer and got my Exhibition of Speed dropped to Criminal, 20+ MPH, speeding. Ended up with 700 in court costs and 1500 for an attorney.

I move back to Ohio and the 3 point Criminal speeding is not on my record...Somebody forgot to transfer it in the BMV I guess..

ohio doesnt recognize points from tickets in other states. its beautiful. i got a 23mph over ticket in WV and nothing happened to my points. i even got a letter from the state telling me no points were added. how nice of them.

ohio doesnt recognize points from tickets in other states. its beautiful. i got a 23mph over ticket in WV and nothing happened to my points. i even got a letter from the state telling me no points were added. how nice of them.

That being the case, maybe I shouldn't have fought it. Took my 8 point ticket and $500 fine and been done.

:(

• 2 weeks later...

Or add to the charges... some cops have no sense of humor, and some even have the odd sense that taking bribes is wrong... Losers.

Keep in mind that these are CRIMINAL statutes... Providing you did nothing which would expose you to CIVIL liability, these will work... Civil statutes have much longer limits... upwards of 21yrs for real estate law..

From the ORC (Ohio Revised Code)

2901.13 Statute of limitations for criminal offenses.

(A)(1) Except as provided in division (A)(2) or (3) of this section or as otherwise provided in this section, a prosecution shall be barred unless it is commenced within the following periods after an offense is committed:

(a) For a felony, six years;

(b) For a misdemeanor other than a minor misdemeanor, two years;

© For a minor misdemeanor, six months.

(2) There is no period of limitation for the prosecution of a violation of section 2903.01 or 2903.02 of the Revised Code. (Note: Murder/homicide)

Now, since you are a normal law abiding citizen, I am sure any "youthful indiscretions" you may or may not have committed are well in the past and perfectly safe.... So lets hear it! LOL

wheelies over the speed limit are NOT wheelies!! if yu cant hold it at 40 at 12 then give it up. ......and i think 12oclocker is a parking lot guy with permission to ride so its legal!!! :)...

...and becarefull throwing stones from glass houses ppl :)

wheelies over the speed limit are NOT wheelies!! if yu cant hold it at 40 at 12 then give it up. ......and i think 12oclocker is a parking lot guy with permission to ride so its legal!!! :)...

...and becarefull throwing stones from glass houses ppl :)

Yeppers!

....and buy a few extra sub frames!!!!!!!! man oh man....buy a few!!!!!! i have some tweeked ones if ya need em!!! lol.....i think powers makes a chrome moly one but id rather bend a stocker up and let it "give"

lmao lmao lmao!!!!