foxbody belt routing??

Stimmel1647545512

I have a 302 with no smog, no ac stock alternator pulley, stock ps pulley, stock waterpump pulley and after market crank pulley,

I do have underdrive waterpump to swap out if need be but no stock crank pulley I had a 68.5 inch belt on part number 685k6 brand driveright

The belt went on but needed two people to get it on one and it had some clearance but after putting a few miles on the car the belt is rubbing now I need help on what belt to use with this set up

http://www.cjponyparts.com/Pictures/Tech_50belts.gif

My set up is in the lower left the purple belt

I used a march pulley bracket system when i did that on my Fox......the easiest way to get you belt length is to take a string and loop it through all the pullies the way it needs to be routed and then take that to the parts store. If you get on Marches website the have pic of that setup and that how you route it...if you want those brackets i still have them. They are yours if you want them.

put a turn buckle on the upper alt bolt !

Rob I figured it out I used the top right diagram and it worked a little different belt routing ftw

P.S rob can I bring the mustang into your work tommorw and use/have you tighten up my exhaust it will take 5 minutes and ill pay you 2 dollars a minute and bring you pack of smokes of your choice...

let me know I may also ask about that job while I am there if i decide to dress decent ha

Guest Removed
what time would be best for you, Ill also give you that stock lower for your troubles haha

fix my siding like you said you would biotch! :rolleyes:

around 7 or so.....tomorrow is my late night till 8 :(

Guest Removed
I think the 5.0 from the gt 's are reverse rotation and everything else is standard rotation ?

nope...most of the later stuff after mid 80's was reverse! some ealry stuff was standard..

I had a similiar situation, I ended up doing what Dave did. I still have a couple of extra serpentine belts from when I was trying to get the right size if you want them. I think they are 70" and 73" . I would have to check to be sure.

• 5 months later...