my Mercedes is dead..can't be fixed...so now what? i need some advice!

1Quik7

ok, so my '02 C32 AMG blew it's motor...insurance isn't going to cover it...and since the motor is an AMG is costs more than the car is worth to have one built, and even to have mine rebuilt still exceeds half of the cars worth....plus it's going on 80k miles so there's no need to put another engine in it since these cars aren't made to last forever.

so, here i am with a nice DD with a $billion$ dollar blown engine...and have no idea what to do with it. i'd hate not to pick up at least a few thousand on it.

do i have any options? salvage yard? scrap? parts car?

anyone have a friend who does this or could help me out?

ok, so my '02 C32 AMG blew it's motor...insurance isn't going to cover it...and since the motor is an AMG is costs more than the car is worth to have one built, and even to have mine rebuilt still exceeds half of the cars worth....plus it's going on 80k miles so there's no need to put another engine in it since these cars aren't made to last forever.

so, here i am with a nice DD with a $billion$ dollar blown engine...and have no idea what to do with it. i'd hate not to pick up at least a few thousand on it.

do i have any options? salvage yard? scrap? parts car?

anyone have a friend who does this or could help me out?

Honestly, call the manufacturer. I work for BMW and we have things in place to offer assistance to customers with issues like yours. I'm sure Mercedes does also. Look up Mercedes North America...

-Marc

in all honesty...i'm not looking to keep the car, an LSx swap would be nice if it were do-able within a budget...but the car prolly blew to my reckless nature and not keeping up to date on maintenance?

i thought about buying a used motor, but after installation and everything, it's still going to cost a lot of money on a car that really isn't built to last. it's got about 76k on it.

i've gotten a few PM's on the car...it's pretty clean other than a few dings from the parking lot...spots where the wife curbed the rims....oh and a blown motor. I'd give it an 8/10.

not really sure if i should sink more money into it...or shit and get off the pot.