Home Safety

Drewhop

Just wanted to see what some of the home owners thought on here. What do you do for home safety.

Do you have a alarm system. (I dont wanna know exactly what you have)

How many fire detectors. How many needed per square foot.

How many Carbon Monoxide detectors. If so how many is needed per square foot.

Fire extinguisher?

I have a two story split level house. About 2200 square feet not counting the garage which is 2 bay attached. Would I need two Carbon monoxide detectors one for near gas furnace and one in the garage? Or would three be recommended for one upstairs as well. Those fuckin things are expensive. 40 bucks.

The idea is to have a CM detector where CM may be present. You don't need them all over the house.

SD's should be placed on each level near occupants. I would not put one directly in the kitchen. I burn food all the time and the one in my living room will go off! :D

I put a SD and CM in the garage for obvious reasons like vehicles and flammable liquids...

I've yet to pick up a CM detector, but I havn't really thought about it much. The apartment I have has two different smoke detector each on different levels. As for fire power I have my Glock 9mm with two full clips of HD ammo on the 2nd level, and also I have two shotguns with slugs and some reg ammo to follow. If someone where to come into the apartment at night I dont' think I would care if they would take anything on the first floor, but they would be dead if they try coming up to the next floor.

2 Alarm systems

3 CM detectors

5 smoke detectors

American Bulldawg

Bad ass kids

Nagging wife

Nothing worth stealing

4 booby traps

3 ninja swords

2 Conan the barbarian type swords

various fire arms.

And the fact that I never sleep.

WIN!!

I have a sword long enough that I cant swing it in the house..... I need ninja swords.

*mental note* When robbing Trey, go in during the day and come in through the 2nd floor window. Shoot first, then clear out the 1st floor.
*mental note* He is in TX now, and you are in Ohio... :bangbang: Guess I got the drop on you... ;) Also watch out for the two attack cats with snipers watching the windows.

I has...

4 smoke detectors

2 carbon monoxide (1 by furnace downstairs 1 in my bedroom)

Guns

1 double bladed 4" knife in my night stand

1 single bladed battle Axe on my bedroom wall

1 double bladed battle axe right outside my bedroom door hanging on the wall

1 hatchet

1 chainsaw

And I always carry a swiss army pocket knife on me when I leave the house.

Pics on the way :D

Couldnt find the pics, had to take new ones,

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i89/xxtheonlyxx/TransAm117.jpg

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i89/xxtheonlyxx/TransAm118.jpg

Break into my house I'll go Highlander on that ass :p

Security system with wireless back up, internal and external sirens and lights and it's fully integrated with fire and carbon monoxide. Carbon monoxide, we have one up in the hallway/cat-walk that goes across the great-room to the bedrooms....so it covers the whole first and second floor really..and we have one in the laundry/furnace/utility room in the basement.

We did have the CM detector go off once in the basement due to a very, very low leak from our hot water heater. Good thing we had it though. Only bummer is that it set off the alarm system and the fucker is loud....I about shit my pants at 10pm that night. I think my son did :eek:

I had smoke alarms wired into each bedroom, one in the dining room area...again, open floor plan so it covers the family room, and two in the basement...living and utility areas. I also have one in the garage.

Two protective dogs and guns.....one on each floor...basement, family room and in the master bedroom. I have been known to keep one in the car but I'll deny it.

Just wanted to see what some of the home owners thought on here. What do you do for home safety.

Do you have a alarm system. (I dont wanna know exactly what you have)

How many fire detectors. How many needed per square foot.

How many Carbon Monoxide detectors. If so how many is needed per square foot.

Fire extinguisher?

Couldnt find the pics, had to take new ones,

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i89/xxtheonlyxx/TransAm117.jpg

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i89/xxtheonlyxx/TransAm118.jpg

Break into my house I'll go Highlander on that ass :p

Those better be hanging on your walls :D