Is AT&T U-Verse better than WOW?

Billiumss

I keep having the AT&T people pushing their new U-Verse (cable, internet, phone). They were just at my house.

I currently have Wowway and for the most part, I'm ok with it. It does what I need it to do.

With my current WOW package it costs me $89 a month (1 HD DVR, internet, analog cable, 10-15 HD channels) and my phone is seperate at $31 a month.

They keep telling me theirs is better, I will get 1 HD DVR and up to 5 other digtial boxes where you can watch a prerecorded show that is on the DVR on any of the other boxes in the house. Its all digital (U200) and I get digital phone for a grand total of $135.00 and I'm locked in for 5 years.

Who has the new AT&T U-verse, do you like it, is it better than WOW?

They are coming back tomorrow... lol

Bill

I have had U-verse for about 2 months and I enjoy it but I will admit the only thing i have to compare it to is Time Warner, I've never used WOW's services.

Pricing is competitive, features are the same. The one feature that caught my interest was the fact you can record up to 4 show's on your DVR at once. We have 3 boxes but only 1 dvr. This isnt a problem b/c the dvr can record anything on the living room tv and I can watch it on my bedroom. As far as everything else (save for phone) I'd say its average quality. We have had problem's with programs simply pausing. Dont know why it just happens, though not often i'd say once a month its happened. I have heard that their customer service is outstanding so should it happen again I'll be calling in and complaining, MOST LIKELY to get a discount on my next months bill.

As far as internet. Im not a internet geek and dont really download alot of shit so for me it works just fine. Ive heard some computer savvy people dont like it for one thing or another but I think it works fine for me.

EDIT: Oh and I dont have phone so I cant tell you how good/bad it is, sorry.

- U-verse ends up being more expensive. Since I work for WOW, I have that at my Reynoldsburg house, but am stuck with Time Warner at my near-Hillard condo, since we can't get WOW. I looked into getting U-verse, and it ended up being more expensive than Warner for the same stuff, which Warner is still more expensive than WOW.

- U-Verse + multiple HD streams = not good bed fellows

- As for all Digital; that's won't be an issue in the next couple of months with WOW, so that won't be a selling point for U-verse any more. Actually, it will be a point against them, as they may be all digital, but won't OFFER analog for those who don't want a box on a TV.

I bet you are getting less product too:

- Probably gave you the U1000 phone; that's not unlimited phone like our Advanced phone + no free calls to Canada

- Probably gave you their Express internet - we don't even offer an internet package that slow. Their express package is actually 1.5Mbps vs. 8Mbps that you are getting with us. That's a huge difference.

- You would save money by bundling your phone with WOW as well; not a fair comparison.