steering wheel shake

Guest tbutera2112

I would delete dumbass posts that show (said Hal in this case) that they have no clue what they are talking about. Turning rotors (worth turning) and saving costly pads (if there is decent pad left on them) is how you get/keep customers. Not by selling unnecessary/costly parts. You must have a commision based job there Hal. Your giving the rotor new surface and the pad a new surface. Nothing wrong with doing this with brake pads. Do it all the time (never had a comeback/complaint) and work for a very respected shop. You just have to know what your doing or in your case Hal, know what your talking about.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Removed
I just did break on our minivan and was told rotors are no longer turnable. (per advanced auto on hilliard rome rd.) but for $35 new is a the better option either way.

the unturnable one are, but it is best to replace most of the time. i mic every rotor before i do a damn thing to it.

Guest Removed
I would delete dumbass posts that show (said Hal in this case) that they have no clue what they are talking about. Turning rotors (worth turning) and saving costly pads (if there is decent pad left on them) is how you get/keep customers. Not by selling unnecessary/costly parts. You must have a commision based job there Hal. Your giving the rotor new surface and the pad a new surface. Nothing wrong with doing this with brake pads. Do it all the time (never had a comeback/complaint) and work for a very respected shop. You just have to know what your doing or in your case Hal, know what your talking about.

oh please..... :rolleyes:

Turn rotors if the are MICed within spec, that's fine. Only if you MIC them.

If there is decent pad left, you should resurface them properly. Don't use concrete.

I made the same money turning rotors as I did putting new shit on, moron. I don't sell anything, nor do I work in a shop right now.

If you do that all the time at a job, I really want to know where you work.

I know exactly what I'm talking about. If I don't know, I don't post.

So, where do you work.

Guest Removed

If there is decent pad left, you should resurface them properly. Don't use concrete.

I made the same money turning rotors as I did putting new shit on, moron. I don't sell anything, nor do I work in a shop right now.

So, where do you work.

and if run out is not excessive ;)

So, where do you work.

I'd rather put new shit on as well...moron. But sometimes you gotta turn the rotors. Please splain how taking sandpaper is that much better? Your only trying to get a new surface which can be achieved the same way I said before, only faster.

Guest Removed
I'd rather put new shit on as well...moron. But sometimes you gotta turn the rotors. Please splain how taking sandpaper is that much better? Your only trying to get a new surface which can be achieved the same way I said before, only faster.

after i turn a rotor, ill run sand paper on it...but not run it on the fucking floor.

no wonder people dont come back and complain. after they leave and feel the same shitty brake, they take it to someone that knows what they are doing :)

I wouldn't rather put new stuff on if there is no reason, moron. I already said you have to turn rotors sometimes, moron.

You're using a method that can cause the pads to chip and not be resurfaced properly, moron.

i hope you mean cracking.... dudes head is done cracked :D

The technical term is heat checking on the rotors now. This may have changed since I was in school, or since you were in school.

Guest Removed
I wouldn't rather put new stuff on if there is no reason, moron. I already said you have to turn rotors sometimes, moron.

You're using a method that can cause the pads to chip and not be resurfaced properly, moron.

here lets rub grease and girm into the surface of the pads and make them work even harder! :rolleyes:

Guest Removed
The technical term is heat checking on the rotors now. This may have changed since I was in school, or since you were in school.

either way, you see a crack in the face of the rotor

and if its cracked that bad, runout 99%of the time, going to be excessive :p

after i turn a rotor, ill run sand paper on it...but not run it on the fucking floor.

no wonder people dont come back and complain. after they leave and feel the same shitty brake, they take it to someone that knows what they are doing :)

Haha...you must be ASE cert'd son. Your just talking stupid shit now...no point..and none made

Guest Removed
Haha...you must be ASE cert'd son. Your just talking stupid shit now...no point..and none made

whats wrong cant pass a simple test? and i will agree, some of the test questions are stupid and i dont agree with them. even when they give you 3 right answers and one wrong one, but want there answer :rolleyes:

after reading your stupid fucking post's, i do feel alot dumber after reading them!

Guest tbutera2112

haha ill be calling you if i need any help rob...thanks for the help with the stang, i pretty much blew your phone up...but its all together and i had it out driving today!

ill get you your tool back when i see you, unless you need to return it to work asap and in that case ill swing by after work some morning and drop it off