the ram's interior lights shut off way too soon??

Slimpsy1647545505

So I dunno what's up but at night when I get home I turn my truck off, open the door. . the interior lights come on. . . then go off after like 5 seconds. . . I barely have enough time to get my stuff together before it's pitch black. Then when I shut my door they come back on.

Anyone know what's up with this!

There may be a re-flash needed.

I agree with checking the owner's manual.

Instead of just disconnecting the negative cable you can ground the positive cable, usually.

Yeah, I read through it. . . I didn't find anything on it. I'm gonna reflash with an SC 3815 here soon. So hopefully I don't have f'in strobe interior lights and all my gauges lit up like christmas tree here soon. We'll see.

Guest Removed
Yeah, I read through it. . . I didn't find anything on it. I'm gonna reflash with an SC 3815 here soon. So hopefully I don't have f'in strobe interior lights and all my gauges lit up like christmas tree here soon. We'll see.

no he means a reflash of the factory ecu that controls the bcm(body control module) functions . some factory scan tools(in your case the drb3) cna go in a reset some setting normal scan tools can not. all you need by unhooking the battery is reset it back to it base settings.and in some case's, factory modules will learn. like say you just hop out and go in the house. it will learn that, and store that setting. in your case you just reset the module. in the sedona's we have to do the same thing with them when the manual a/c control unit locks up! :o

edit.. only info i could find.

COURTESY LAMP CIRCUIT

Depending upon the selected vehicle options the courtesy lamp circuit may include the dome and dome/reading lamps located in the headliner near the windshield, between the front and rear seating, the cargo lamps located near the center of the rear roof header, the glove box lamp in the top of the glove box opening in the instrument panel, and the vanity lamps located in the sun visors. The lamps in the courtesy lamp circuit are provided with a path to ground at all times. The EMIC controls the output of battery voltage for the courtesy lamps in this circuit based upon hard wired inputs from the door ajar switches, the headlamp switch and the ignition switch.

After all of the ajar switch inputs to the EMIC transition to open, the EMIC will keep the courtesy lamps illuminated for about 30 seconds , then fade the lamps to off (theater dimming) over about three seconds . The EMIC also provides courtesy lamp operation based upon a resistor multiplexed input from the vertical thumbwheel on the headlamp switch, and provides an illuminated entry feature in response to certain electronic message inputs received from the Sentry Key REmote Entry Module (SKREEM) and the Occupant Restraint Controller (ORC) over the CAN data bus. A resistor multiplexed courtesy lamp defeat input from the vertical thumbwheel of the headlamp switch will cause the EMIC to override normal courtesy lamp operation based upon inputs from all of the ajar switches.

For those lamps on the courtesy lamp circuit with independent switching such as the standard or optional map/ reading lamps, the optional vanity lamps, and the glove box lamp the EMIC provides a battery voltage output to the switches through a separate circuit. The EMIC provides a battery saver (load shedding) feature for all courtesy lamps, which will automatically turn these lamps off if they are left on for more than about ten minutes with the ignition switch in the Off position.