Opinions on Taurus SHO 92-95

OSUGT

These have caught my eye. I have a 92 Taurus that I absolutely love. I'm just thinking about the SHO.

Any opinions? Things to look out for? Common issues? I do not want to shift gears, so I will be looking at the autos.

Thanks!

Jason

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The manuals have problems, too. My buddy has a 90(?) SHO and he has had to replace his MT twice. I think it was the same MT from 89-94, when they discontinued the MT version.

Otherwise, they are awesome cars. Great sleepers, and can be really fast.

95's had the best trannies for the autos. manuals were made from 89-91 and 92-95 in the newer body

89-91 3.0 dohc manual only

92 3.0 dohc manual only but new body, also last year for black leather cars I believe

93-95 3.0 dohc manuals and 3.2 autos 3.2 made 20 more hp to make up for drivetrain loss of the auto

96-99 3.4 dohc v8 all autos. cam sprockets need welded to prevent them from slipping and the motor locking up

They are interesting, but I would find them very frustrating to work on. Plus I don't really like Ford's products, so not sure why my opinion would mean anything, but hey coming from the "I work on my own car in my driveway" standpoint I would say stay away.

Guest Removed
Thanks , guys. Rob, anything in particular on the tranny that fails?

pic something..veryone i seen needed some internal part fixxed or rebuild.

the manuals are ok, but the will flatass break the pin in the diff...alot :(

they suck to work on, parts are very expensive, the transmissions arent made to handle much of anything, however they are quick for what they are.

they are decent cars, i had a 93 in high school, it was a good people mover.

if the price was right i would buy another one, and set it up just like my old one. white exterior, black leather, stock white color matched wheels, black tint, lowered, intake, dynomax exhaust, and a bunch of beer in the trunk.

they are fun cars but are even more expensive than a mod motor to mod haha and they are expensive as shit to repair and the auto take the fun out of it, the 5 speed taurs is sick, trust me a good buddy has one it has 200k on it and gets mad mileage also its a sick car to put pesky ricers in their place..

Im reminiscing the look on a kids face in his ricer when he is trying to show off and then gets bitch slapped by a taurus... a special civic si comes to mind hahaha

Guest Removed

do what i did to my old one, take all the sho stuff off and swap on the gl body parts!

sleeper... oh and don't forget the 100 shot of spray!

and if you know what you're doing, they are not that bad to work on

Plus I don't really like Ford's products, so not sure why my opinion would mean anything, but hey coming from the "I work on my own car in my driveway" standpoint I would say stay away.

The motors were made by Yamaha. Yamaha has made some of the best motors and had some of the biggest breakthroughs on engines in the past century.

I like them, I'd buy one Jason.

Of course I would buy one. I've had 4. They are a blast to drive, mine have all been pretty reliable. Even though I have drag raced them, as well as taken them out of state on many occasions. The Yamaha and the rest of the car are quite easy to work on if you know what you are doing, I actually enjoy working on mine.

FAIL....

Are you high and/or mentally challenged ?

For the guys with real opinions with substance or experience, I say thank you.

For responses like this, I say thanks for shitting in a thread meant to gather info.

Yeah, jones. I'm high on life. God forbid that I love my DD that I paid 500 bucks for 2 years ago. The thing has 169k miles on the original block and tranny. God forbid that I like it because it gets 29mpg, everything works, and I dont have to drive the mustang in the snow.

So next time I need advice, I'll make sure not to ask you. :)

For the guys with real opinions with substance or experience, I say thank you.

For responses like this, I say thanks for shitting in a thread meant to gather info.

Yeah, jones. I'm high on life. God forbid that I love my DD that I paid 500 bucks for 2 years ago. The thing has 169k miles on the original block and tranny. God forbid that I like it because it gets 29mpg, everything works, and I dont have to drive the mustang in the snow.

So next time I need advice, I'll make sure not to ask you. :)

Lets just say I have had the pleasure of working on and driving on occasion a sable of that same era. That thing was nothing but trouble and drove like a shitbox tank. It did nothing well at all. If that is what you enjoy driving, then good for you. I've just never seen anyone to date say how much they "love their 9x taurus soo much". Thought for sure it was some sort of joke...

:gtfo:

Lets just say I have had the pleasure of working on and driving on occasion a sable of that same era. That thing was nothing but trouble and drove like a shitbox tank. It did nothing well at all. If that is what you enjoy driving, then good for you. I've just never seen anyone to date say how much they "love their 9x taurus soo much". Thought for sure it was some sort of joke...

:gtfo:

Cool...I will get you a "Jump to Conclusions" mat for Christmas.

By the way, people can have pride in anything they earned, respect and take care of.

Edit:

One other thing. The irony just hit me. You own two "German Dodges" and you are bashing my car cuz "you drove one occassionally" that gave you problems? LOL

On a relative basis, I'm sure the horror stories on Audi's outnumber those of my Taurus. If they dont', they sure cost a lot less to fix.