long rant about carhartt

Guest tbutera2112

Guest tbutera2112

ok i need to vent im fucking pissed...i work outside and it was getting down into the 50s last week and i was freezing...got online and ordered a 1 piece coverall suit from carhartt...suit was $216 and then i had to pay tax and i rush shipped it since it was freezing

first off... tax? wtf? i shouldnt have to pay sales tax if its not an ohio based company, which it isnt...so i think they do that to scam people

second... i payed 40 dollars for next day shipping, ordered it on a wednesday night figured it would process thurs and be here friday...WRONG...they took till friday to process it so it didnt get here until monday....40 dollar for next day delivery and it showed up 5 days later

tried it on and its way too big, they didnt have a sizing chart so i guessed...go figure

called them about exchanging it and the woman says being a bitch "didnt you get return papers in the box?" i said yea but i want to exchange it for a different size not return it....

THEY DONT HAVE A FUCKING EXCHANGE POLICY!!!!!

wtf kind of company is this?

the woman tells me to return it, and they will refund me.... i have to pay shipping to return it now too....pay shipping, wait 2-3 days for them to process it and credit me, then wait 5-7 days for the bank to verify it... then once i have my money back, i have to reorder it...and pay for shipping again...im broke now since i spent $274 on this coat so i will have to order base shipping and wait another 6-8 business days for it to get here....

so, $40 shipping, $10 or so to ship it back, another $10 when i reorder it from them to ship it, plus shipping time to them, processing time, and shipping time back....so ill be without the coveralls until sometime in december...im so fucking pissed...fuck carhartt and their shitty customer service

Guest tbutera2112
i looked at a few of the ones carried in stores and also at a couple knock off brands * i forgot the name...whatever dicks and andersons had* and the ones i looked at didnt seem warm enough since ill be out in the snow with it so i ordered the arctic lined coverall..had it on for 3minutes in my house trying it on and was sweating like crazy lol...but yea i looked at the other brands and they werent really what i was looking for, not even the carhartt ones i saw in stores *andersons and dicks has the duck coveralls from carhartt*...didnt try tractor supply since i figured if dicks and andersons who are dealers didnt carry what i wanted then i doubted tractor supply would

Guest tbutera2112
sorry for the wrong section, and i just went on their site and looked up the local dealers of carhartt and checked with 2/3 and they didnt have what i needed so i figured ordering direct would be ok....for a company thats been around 120 years i just figured they would have an exchange policy and decent customer service

That sucks... BTW everything you buy you SHOULD pay taxes on, but most of us don't. There is a box while doing your taxes that ask if you bought anything over the internet. I never fill that out. I still don't get the no taxing on food to go here in Ohio. Everything I order is togo.

return it and hit up buckeye outdoors or gander mountain they should have a good selection with deer season coming up

and wtf? insulated carharts for 50 degree weather your fawkin crazy

exactly what i was thinking, on both points. 50 degrees is maybe sweatshirt weather.

we had a good selection when i worked at gander mountain, which is less than 10 min from where you are. buckeye a little further.

hell, you should have looked into cabelas online. when i used to order from them, it was always fast, always right. they were great. i used to drop a few hundred bucks a year there when i was 14-17. was a lot of money when youre still in HS.

Guest tbutera2112
ill be out all winter, not just in 50 degrees lol...and once the 4 wheeler is running we go riding a lot during the winter so i want something to wear for that also