Machine shop recomendations

koolrayz

Fowler- But the wait time is incredible...took them 2 weeks to shave down a crank pulley for me...oh wait it never got done because 2 weeks after I dropped it off it was still sitting on the counter.

I am friends with Matt Rittman over at Phillips racing and he does pretty good work.

There is Flemmings in Utica but idk how far your wanting to travel.

Im sure there are more in columbus but im still kinda new to the area

If you want quality work go to Fowler Engines 258.2924

They just did two blocks for me.

They have done all my blocks over the years. The wait is long because their work is that highly demanded.

Two weeks for a crank pulley....try 4 months for my block.

I was just in there last week(back in the shop) they are freeing up space so turn over time has greatly increased.

Guest 614Streets

Fowlers is my recommendation to. I just had a lt1 done , if you go through me I bet the wait time is down a bit.

I kinda grew up my later teen years seeing Jeff and his wife who also works at fowlers , Mary Allison. And all the guys that work their are good at what they do , Chris is very helpful.

Like I said I just did a LT1 through them. Known these people for quite some time , I even painted the inside of the building when I was a teenager and they were at my high school graduation to give me a lovely gift certificate.

My turn around on the lt1 block for one of my customers was 3-4 weeks sending them a teardown for an overbore , hone, block boil , crank clean up , r/r rods with pistons I supplied after I got the green light on a .030 overbore being all she needed , cam bearings , and freeze plugs.

Very affordable.

I've had work done over the years at Fast Racing in Groveport.

they put a engine together for me before and used head gaskets from engine rebuilders supply and charged me for fel-pro gaskets. only reason i knew is i blew the head gaskets with a 100 shot after he told me it was good to 150.

i took my 4g63 to them and had them rebuild bore and hone the block, clean the head, and re-assemble everything. Well i also took them a set of new lifters ( the 3rd gen revised ones) and all gaskets everything they would need. well get the motor in the car 3 head studs are actually tight. coolant leaks everywhere. take off the vc 3 valve springs seats arent ligned up properly. we got them to work after i called fowler and they really didnt want to help. Didnt pay any attention to the lifters then. so fix all their fuck ups which i had paid for! all this work was done in may i believe. july the water pump belt breaks on my car and headgasket blows, no big deal start taking the head off.... THE FUCKING LIFTERS THAT CAME WITH THE MOTOR WERE STILL IN THE ENGINE. look threw all the parts they gave me back (old valve springs, valves, seals) all the old stuff and no lifters. So i had to get new lifters and install them when i did my headgasket.

So fuck em. when i called them and told them about the head they didnt act like they even cared. So them, I'd rather go to a local small town machinest that actually cares about their work and their customers. and fuck waiting the 4 weeks i had to wait for them to fuck me.

Fowler's or Fast Racing have my vote, both have done me and my friends well, Fowler built a bbc for my friends 71 cutlass that is a true street car, on 10in tires went 8.90's

and Fast racing have built a few Mopar motors for a few of my friends of mine.

Only Bad thing I have about Fast Racing is that they built a 383 Stroker for my friends Camaro left a valve cover bolt down in the head, friends finally got ahold of Mike over at Fast racing about the problem, they took the motor over was quoted $300 to have the head fixed, next thing you know they want $900 for unauthorized repairs.