Want to discuss engine build

Cordell

So I am looking at building my LS1 as many of you know. I have decided to make it a 347, stock crank, forged rods and pistons for budget reasons. What I am working on is deciding on the best cam to compromise between nitrous use at the track and street driving. I have been playing with Comp Cam's Camquest software, and it seems that the factory style intake is holding it back. I keep ending up with a double hump for a torque curve until I put N2O into the mix. It also shows a better power curve with the "smaller" cams, but all it'll show me is Comp's own grinds. All I know for sure is that my TR224 cam is a great N/A cam, but so much for my goals with N2O.

So given the fact that this is an auto car, and I'm not sure I want a bigger converter than my 3000 (people tell me it stalls higher), lets discuss. :)

An MS3 will work for you and make great power. You will sacrifice some driveability being an auto car. You'll want a good intake on there, see if you can find a Fast 90/90 from someone.

An MS3 will work for you and make great power. You will sacrifice some driveability being an auto car. You'll want a good intake on there, see if you can find a Fast 90/90 from someone.

I have considered this, and there are many opinions on LS1Tech. It seems that the heads play a major role in this as well, finding something that flows well at lower lift might work better on the smaller 3.900" bore? I haven't found any dedicated nitrous cams, has anyone seen any?

I have considered this, and there are many opinions on LS1Tech. It seems that the heads play a major role in this as well, finding something that flows well at lower lift might work better on the smaller 3.900" bore? I haven't found any dedicated nitrous cams, has anyone seen any?

I haven't looked into a nitrous grind but, the Pewter car destroyed a lot of people with spray and an MS3. The heads shouldn't be too much of an issue. Most aftermarket heads will flow very well for your application.

I haven't looked into a nitrous grind but, the Pewter car destroyed a lot of people with spray and an MS3. The heads shouldn't be too much of an issue. Most aftermarket heads will flow very well for your application.

Thats a good bit of info, do you think the cam change would hurt my 60' with the same converter? Its a loose 3000 stall.

I have a cam I would sell cheap. Its a 240/244@.050 .635/.625 on a 114LSA

It was way to small for my stroker but would rock the house on a nitrous 347

Its NOT a comp grind. PM me if you want any other details

Ill have another cam for sale soon but its the one in the car now and its a bit much for a small cube street car.