Thoughts - weighted voting

nurkvinny

My wife and I were discussing this idea tonight. Anyone else, group, society ever think of this...?

Everyone gets 1 point when they turn 18.

You earn 1 point for every 5 years you work and pay taxes.

You earn 1 point for military service.

You earn 1 point for x number of community service hours per year.

You earn 1 point per kid that you support, limit 2.

You earn 1 point for finishing school.

or, something along these lines. The idea being that people that contribute to the good of America get more weight in elections. Fair? Unfair? Why?

Bad Idea.....

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

Votes should be equal too

My wife and I were discussing this idea tonight. Anyone else, group, society ever think of this...?

Everyone gets 1 point when they turn 18.

You earn 1 point for every 5 years you work and pay taxes.

You earn 1 point for military service.

You earn 1 point for x number of community service hours per year.

You earn 1 point per kid that you support, limit 2.

You earn 1 point for finishing school.

or, something along these lines. The idea being that people that contribute to the good of America get more weight in elections. Fair? Unfair? Why?

So a guy who was forced to military by his parents and ends up being dishonorably discharged gets a job as a bagger for 5 years all while internally shoplifting from his company. He's caught and charges are pressed and resorted to community service. All in the mean time he knocks up 2 women and his family takes them under. He then finishes up a 2 year option school. He now has maximum points and his vote counts more than a "better" citizen.

So a guy who was forced to military by his parents and ends up being dishonorably discharged gets a job as a bagger for 5 years all while internally shoplifting from his company. He's caught and charges are pressed and resorted to community service. All in the mean time he knocks up 2 women and his family takes them under. He then finishes up a 2 year option school. He now has maximum points and his vote counts more than a "better" citizen.

Nope:

Dis. discharge -1 point

Criminal record -2 points

Multiple offspring mothers -2 points.

:) It's just in fun.

I did.

And for the love of God, don't turn this into a fucking race thread. IT IS NOT.

I wasn't at all genius.

Say I am 21 and have only worked 3 years. I have no children. I am in college and have not yet graduated nor served military time.

Someones vote could count 5x as mine because they knocked some bitch up and worked at BP for 7 years and fought in Nam?

Getdafuckouttahere :D

I wasn't at all genius.

Say I am 21 and have only worked 3 years. I have no children. I am in college and have not yet graduated nor served military time.

Someones vote could count 5x as mine because they knocked some bitch up and worked at BP for 7 years and fought in Nam?

Getdafuckouttahere :D

I worked at BP for 8 years and am 31. Mine should count 2.5x as much as your vote.

Oh, oh, oh, and +1 point for being a CR Mod.