lawyer needed. ( reckless opps)

Ryan218

I'm not calling you out as a liar, but dude, honestly, something isn't right with your story. who the hell slowly winds out a mustang like you described. that's like saying you've never jerked off but enjoy getting morning wood....just doesn't make sense.

I can see you getting hassled by a cop given the situation, but a WO?????

becasue i didnt feel like shifting. windows were down. i wanted to hear it. there nothing wrong with that but i wasent on it.

the cop said to my mom.that it sounds good though :confused:

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest tbutera2112
whenever i wind out first in my car its because im doing something and dont have a free hand.... first is very jerky and unpleasent if youre not on it or if you wind it out slow and even slightly let off....

A lot of misinformation going on in here.

First pleading not guilty is not a continuance. A continuance is going into court and asking for a continuance based on the fact you need time to find a lawyer. What you dont know is that finding the right judge is key. So if you plead not guilty you automatically get assigned a judge. If you get a continuance this will give you lawyer time to pick the judge he wants in a sense. They are in court different weeks, and are usually on a rotation.

Now you cannot get a reckless operation on private property if you have permission from the property owner, which you do not.

here is a good lawyer http://www.manta.com/coms2/dnbcompany_6tgxw0

I would want to hear it too, but it wouldn't sound as good doing that as it would "getting on it" thus I have to question if you weren't being spirited, why would a cop go so far as to write you up as he did. Make more sense that you got on it in a school parking lot to hear the sweet sound of the car and he nailed you. Unfortunately, Reckless Op would apply for such an act.

becasue i didnt feel like shifting. windows were down. i wanted to hear it. there nothing wrong with that but i wasent on it.

the cop said to me. it sounds good though :confused:

if he was in the school lot, public property, he will be cited. even on private property, the owner of the lot can grant permission for law enforcement to cite you. I know as my wife gave permission to Westerville so they could bust kids doing donuts in her office lot at night and the locals parking in her handicap spaces thinking they were untouchable.

A lot of misinformation going on in here.

First pleading not guilty is not a continuance. A continuance is going into court and asking for a continuance based on the fact you need time to find a lawyer. What you dont know is that finding the right judge is key. So if you plead not guilty you automatically get assigned a judge. If you get a continuance this will give you lawyer time to pick the judge he wants in a sense. They are in court different weeks, and are usually on a rotation.

Now you cannot get a reckless operation on private property if you have permission from the property owner, which you do not.

here is a good lawyer http://www.manta.com/coms2/dnbcompany_6tgxw0

Guest tbutera2112
I would want to hear it too, but it wouldn't sound as good doing that as it would "getting on it" thus I have to question if you weren't being spirited, why would a cop go so far as to write you up as he did. Make more sense that you got on it in a school parking lot to hear the sweet sound of the car and he nailed you. Unfortunately, WO would apply for such an act.

you must have never owned a mustang....definately not the fastest cars on the roads by any means, but they are one of the best sounding.... even easing into the high rpm the cars sound amazing...i will run second up occasionally just to listen to it, even if im driving slow....but never first

I don't follow you....I agree mustangs sound great......better than most V8's in GM Land. Perhaps you misread my post....no biggie.

you must have never owned a mustang....definately not the fastest cars on the roads by any means, but they are one of the best sounding.... even easing into the high rpm the cars sound amazing...i will run second up occasionally just to listen to it, even if im driving slow....but never first

Guest tbutera2112
I don't follow you....I agree mustangs sound great......better than most V8's in GM Land. Perhaps you misread my post....no biggie.

what i was saying is, you dont have to beat on the car to get a great sounding exhaust note... sounded like you were saying he had to be on it if he was wanting to listen to it, which may be the case in some cars that dont really give a good tone till wot but in a stang with a nice exhaust setup, you can ease into every gear and run them out slowly and it sounds great still....not defending the kid, i have no idea what happened, and running up first seems a little suspicious, maybe my car is just more touchy than his i dont know...

i have no problem paying it whatever i have to.

i dont want the points or to lose my licence or for my rates to sky rocket. ecpeicaly since i did not do what he said. if i cant get this dropped i will be forced to sell my mustang :mad:

Man what I would do and this works most of the time is go in and talk to the prosecutor and tell him your situation and you dont want the ticket or points and see if you can plea it down and pay court costs and a lesser ticket like a muffler violation :p

Chances are unless you pissed of the PO then he will agree to the lesser charge. what dept. pulled you over?

if he was in the school lot, public property, he will be cited. even on private property, the owner of the lot can grant permission for law enforcement to cite you. I know as my wife gave permission to Westerville so they could bust kids doing donuts in her office lot at night and the locals parking in her handicap spaces thinking they were untouchable.

re read what i wrote :Now you cannot get a reckless operation on private property if you have permission from the property owner, which you do not.

If the property owner gives you permission, and it is signed, the ticket will not hold up in court.

Man what I would do and this works most of the time is go in and talk to the prosecutor and tell him your situation and that you do not want the ticket or points and see if you can plea it down and pay court costs and a lesser ticket like a muffler violation

Chances are unless you pissed off the PO then he will agree to the lesser charge. what dept. pulled you over? I take it that is was not a CPD officer since he wrote from the state chapter 45 code.

Man what I would do and this works most of the time is go in and talk to the prosecutor and tell him your situation and you dont want the ticket or points and see if you can plea it down and pay court costs and a lesser ticket like a muffler violation :p

Chances are unless you pissed of the PO then he will agree to the lesser charge. what dept. pulled you over?

Hilliard.

Guest tbutera2112

this works great with adults, but when i was in trouble my attorney even told me flat out that theres a 0% chance of a muffler violation cop out as a minor

Been there done that... But my principle made me

1. Call insurance and see what my rates would be with a reckless accident

2. Call and get a Quote for 4 new tires (2wd... Dumbass)

3. Someting about calling the police station and getting a ticket quote

There was like 5-6 things it was a whie ago, what they should be worried about is the girls, those bitches act like the lot is a autocross.

Hope everything works out.

this works great with adults, but when i was in trouble my attorney even told me flat out that theres a 0% chance of a muffler violation cop out as a minor

Exactly....

http://images.despair.com/products/demotivators/overconfidence.jpg

if i cant get this dropped i will be forced to sell my mustang

:mad:

Sounds like a good idea anyway, if you've got a cop that you pass every day that's got a hardon for you. Sometimes the best thing you can do is bend, in order to keep life moving along smoothly. You've got plenty of decades ahead for driving loud mustangs.

I'm sorry to hear about your situation, however I can tell you this you will not get this dropped completely. Sounds like you pissed somone off!

First thing is go in and ask for a continuence, you need time to seek council, second if this is held in hillard's mayors court I would have your attorney move this to Columbus courts (better chances downtown than in mayors court they don't have homefield advantage). Second let your attorney do his job thats what you pay him for and your gonna pay believe me. I would put the car up for a while till this blows over you don't want that cop to find some other reason to write you.

Good luck

I'm sorry to hear about your situation, however I can tell you this you will not get this dropped completely. Sounds like you pissed somone off!

First thing is go in and ask for a continuence, you need time to seek council, second if this is held in hillard's mayors court I would have your attorney move this to Columbus courts (better chances downtown than in mayors court they don't have homefield advantage). Second let your attorney do his job thats what you pay him for and your gonna pay believe me. I would put the car up for a while till this blows over you don't want that cop to find some other reason to write you.

Good luck

i refuse to sell my 5.0 becasue a cop that is taking frustrations out on me. and seriously. thats how i feel it is. ive never had a cop yell at me till today. i was nothing but respectful.

i love my 5.0, i always wanted one and i got it. im not getting rid of it. and i dont plan to get rid of it. and yeah the mustang been off the streets since the 18th...need to get it registered and finsish my 5 lug swap i will never drive that gt again. end of story!

it is down town.

and all i did was pull out and stay in first and didnt shift. traction controll was on, i did not squeal the tires like he says. someone else may have and i was the first one he saw or something and since my car was loud he thought it was me. idk because i havent talked to him but i do plan on it. there was also no way i could of been going as fast as he said i was. seiously. its a school parking lot. i would not put my friends in danger like that. that is what there are race tracks for.. but i really think he has it out for me or something. :(

^ I bet he was cited downtown to juvy court. I know a couple of the Hilliard 1st shifters too, especially one that likes hanging around the school zones during the day.

Just see if they will drop it down to a straight speed with some higher fines. Thats the only way youll keep your license probably ya.

^ I bet he was cited downtown to juvy court. I know a couple of the Hilliard 1st shifters too, especially one that likes hanging around the school zones during the day.

Just see if they will drop it down to a straight speed with some higher fines. Thats the only way youll keep your license probably ya.

i know for a fact he could not of seen me from where he was becasue i saw him. so he is going on by what he heard i think. he said iw as revving my engine. starting the car the rpms come up then idel down. thats what i think he is basing me "revving" the enigne.

and even if i was revving the engine is that agaisnt the law? becasue it would of been in park at that point? thats a question. i wasent revving the engine. i just want to be prepared.

Doesn't matter. Tickets like reckless op can be written for a burnout in your driveway.

re read what i wrote :Now you cannot get a reckless operation on private property if you have permission from the property owner, which you do not.

If the property owner gives you permission, and it is signed, the ticket will not hold up in court.

Re-read what you said about misinformation.