Help with a Car friend!

Main3s

I have a friend who enjoys cars. Mostly exotic cars and ones you’d see in Car & Driver magazines. He’s always forwarding me articles about new things with Ferrari, Lambo, Aston Martin etc… Anyway he sent me an article on a SC Ferrari (http://feeds.feedburner.com/~r/caranddriver/blog/~3/444669583/ferrari-599gtb-fiorano-by-novitec-rosso.html) and was really impressed that a Supercharged V12 made 800 hp or roughly 630 WHP. Now me being around (or at least seeing) highly modified cars and seeing the power they can make, I’m a little disapointed with 600 WHP from a blown V12! Not that I’m around 600+ WHP cars all the time or anything, but you know what I mean. So I was thinking I could share with him some of the more impressive HP or just performance cars that we see on here. So if you have a favorite video or link to a great performance car that stands out to you post it up! I’d like to share with him what a little hard work and upgrades will do to a car that cost less the $150K.

Just show him the videos and pictures of Mark and Jason Zo6. Make over 1k rwhp with all the comfort features that any car could have. And they run a good time. Or this is my favorite video of my old vette. http://videos.clevelandracing.com/video/36a0eb6a-0de7-4bd4-bb05-99e6002d9bf1.htm

We are kind comparing apples to oranges though. Cars like the IPS' TT vette's, Sam's old 'vette, etc are complete packages where they completely re-built the motor around the power adder of choice in order to maximize results. Very well thought out and design'd packages

With the 599 they took a high compression motor and slapped on a blower making only 6psi due to compression constraints and then tuned it.

How much power does an off the shelf 6psi blower kit make on a C6 Z06? (quick search yields 622whp @ 6psi)

So...tear down the 599 and lower the compression, make cam changes to maximize for power adders then stuff a turbo on there at >20psi and you'll be in the same balpark as the rest of the cars in your origional comparison with very impressive results.

We are kind comparing apples to oranges though. Cars like the IPS' TT vette's, Sam's old 'vette, etc are complete packages where they completely re-built the motor around the power adder of choice in order to maximize results. Very well thought out and design'd packages

With the 599 they took a high compression motor and slapped on a blower making only 6psi due to compression constraints and then tuned it.

How much power does an off the shelf 6psi blower kit make on a C6 Z06? (quick search yields 622whp @ 6psi)

So...tear down the 599 and lower the compression, make cam changes to maximize for power adders then stuff a turbo on there at >20psi and you'll be in the same balpark as the rest of the cars in your origional comparison with very impressive results.

Very well put.

True that. I mean a pretty much stock Ferrari even with a SC at 6pis VS a built Z06 isn't the same at all. If you take the 599 and do the same mods to it as the Z06 it probably isn't even close. All I'm trying to do is share with him the other power that can be had. He's all about the "Supercars" and exotics. He likes to email me crazy articals on Lambos and what not, that we both can appericate. I want to do the same thing, just with more "everyday" type of cars. I'm not trying to change anyones opinion about what's better to have, a Ferrari at 6psi or a built TT C6 Z06 at 15 psi. I just want to share with him the other side of the coin if you will.

True that. I mean a pretty much stock Ferrari even with a SC at 6pis VS a built Z06 isn't the same at all. If you take the 599 and do the same mods to it as the Z06 it probably isn't even close. All I'm trying to do is share with him the other power that can be had. He's all about the "Supercars" and exotics. He likes to email me crazy articals on Lambos and what not, that we both can appericate. I want to do the same thing, just with more "everyday" type of cars. I'm not trying to change anyones opinion about what's better to have, a Ferrari at 6psi or a built TT C6 Z06 at 15 psi. I just want to share with him the other side of the coin if you will.

Gotcha. No harm in opening his eyes to what's out there...and actually obtainable at the same time.

Andy

Just show him the videos and pictures of Mark and Jason Zo6. Make over 1k rwhp with all the comfort features that any car could have. And they run a good time. Or this is my favorite video of my old vette. http://videos.clevelandracing.com/video/36a0eb6a-0de7-4bd4-bb05-99e6002d9bf1.htm

I forgot how sick that thing sounded.....