how to install wheel studs in fwd hub ?? (chevy malibu)

CJINOHIO03

Two wheel studs broke on the front of this Malibu I am working on. I knocked them out no problem. When I went to install new ones it was hard to get something in the wheel well to drive them in. I took the axle nut and took the hub off. You cant hit the stud directly because how the hub is made. I used a punch and got it in a little further. It is not seated all the way though.

How the hell do you get these in? Press? Can it be double nutted to pull it in more? Any suggestions? Thanks CJ

if its like my old car, i just had to pop the old one out, put new one through the hole, and tighten down the lug nut. once it starts getting tight, it will pull the base of the stud into that hole and seat it.

i probably had to replace 3 or 4 over a few years. was no big deal after the first one

When you say pull them in what do u mean exactly? by tightening the lug are u guys saying that will pull it in? Or do you mean put the lug nut and yank it? etc? I was thinking two nuts on there might work too

Yes, tightening the nut will pull it through. You can just flip the lug nut around so the tapered part is towards you.