Thinking of buying a quad

Dubguy85

If you're willing to drive an hour or two there are a few places to go. Perry county APV area is about the closest, some people hate it I think its okay. Wayne, which everyone seems to love, is a good 2 hour drive, not worth the extra drive every weekend IMO. I know there are a few other places, but I have never been. A Blaster is a fun quad, but depending on how much you weigh might not be great on some of these trails.

If you're willing to drive an hour or two there are a few places to go. Perry county APV area is about the closest, some people hate it I think its okay. Wayne, which everyone seems to love, is a good 2 hour drive, not worth the extra drive every weekend IMO. I know there are a few other places, but I have never been. A Blaster is a fun quad, but depending on how much you weigh might not be great on some of these trails.

I'm about 5 11 165lbs.....I'm just looking for something to thrash a bit.....So there isn't anywhere close really?? AHH that kinda sucks...not sure if its worth it...But heck u can get them so cheap.....like $1000 for a decent one..

I'm about 5 11 165lbs.....I'm just looking for something to thrash a bit.....So there isn't anywhere close really?? AHH that kinda sucks...not sure if its worth it...But heck u can get them so cheap.....like $1000 for a decent one..

Don't do it, those are junk.

Add another $500 and pick up a decent Honda 300EX.

More fun, more resale value, more reliable?

Yea...I'm new to the area, and not familiar with the area....Something cheap like a 2000-2006 blaster 200... Not looking to spend too much...Just another toy to dick around on, but not sure if its worth it, and I'll ride it anywhere....

go with a 400ex ...blasters are kindof weak...how much are you looking to spend my cousin is selling his 400?

- Now is the time to spend a little extra cash on a nicer quad. People are more desperate to get rid of their toys due to economic problems; you'll get a better deal on a higher end quad right now.

- Blasters are fun. I spent a little time on one around Wayne a few weeks ago (swapping quads when riding with a group). Good for trail riding; not nearly as forgiving on bad landings as my Raptor. Of course it was nearly as quick as my Raptor either, but wasn't a dog by any means. Kick start is a PITA, but the quad is very simple too...and simple = less shit to break/fix.

I'm 6'3", 210lbs, so I'm sure it will scoot a lot better with you on it. It was fun running through the gears on it in Wayne; with the Raptor it's pretty much 2nd through the trails, 3rd in more open areas, and barely ever getting to use 4th. With the Blaster you are changing gears a LOT more.

trust me, if you want a quad spend a little more upfront.

I started riding in 2007. I bought a busted blaster. Rebuilt the engine. it was too slow, the kick start was a PITA. Just didn't like the 2 stroke. Sold it and got a 2003 Warrior. I figured electric start and a 4 stroke would be sweet.

Don't get me wrong the warrior is 'ok' quick and is very reliable. However I grew out of it in 4 months time. The suspension wasn't enough for the kind of jumps and speed I like. So I sold it an got a 2003 suzuki LTZ400 (for $2200). I love this quad. Its more than fast enough for most trail riding anyone will get into, and the suspension is great. I have had the quad for a year now and *knock on wood* nothing has broken. I've taken it on out of state trips, I've raced it. its solid.

what i'm saying is....save yourself the trouble of buying and selling two quads like me and just get a good one from the get go. I know I will have this quad for a looooong time.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=43421714&l=0612b&id=12412145

i still rock out on the old school perfection .... i have 4 86 250r's .2 have 330 kits the others are 310's ... still seem to keep dead nuts even with most newer modded bikes.

i am sure u can find a 250r that modded and in good condition for cheap... considering the new racing rules.

There are plenty of good places to ride...the closest good place with a track and competition trail is Crash moto and atv park...its privately owned. its about 40 minutes from columbus straight out 70 east. if you want more info pm me and ill get you exacts..

they have held acouple trail enduro's there for both dirtbike and fourwheelers

There are plenty of good places to ride...the closest good place with a track and competition trail is Crash moto and atv park...its privately owned. its about 40 minutes from columbus straight out 70 east. if you want more info pm me and ill get you exacts..

they have held acouple trail enduro's there for both dirtbike and fourwheelers

I will hit u up if i get one...Thanks man!