Must be a union job...

Clifford Automotive

some docks have trailer locks. They will lock the ICC bumper. I big hook will grab the bumper to hold it against the dock. You can still pull out but you will rip the bumper off. Usually you will see a red or green light letting you know if the trailer is locked or not.

I have seen trucks pull out and fork lifts drop on the ground. Scary ride for the fork lift driver.

i was loading a trailer once at my old job and was backing up to go out of the truck and the truck pulls away from the dock and went down the road a bit he thought he was good to go and just left. People were running down the road after him i was just sitting there hoping i didnt die

i was loading a trailer once at my old job and was backing up to go out of the truck and the truck pulls away from the dock and went down the road a bit he thought he was good to go and just left. People were running down the road after him i was just sitting there hoping i didnt die

Are you kidding me? OSHA would have a field day with that place. Every dock ive ever seen has had dock lights which are pretty fucking dummy proof. Im scared to think what would happen if you were on your lift ont he dock plate when he pulled off, you'd probably fall and tip over.

Distribution center is probably a no-touch. Hell, I'll take odds the driver never saw those carts until he swung down from the cab, since most large places don't even let the drivers into the actual warehouse. My place uses chocks on trailer drops and the ever-popular, "Turn the engine off and bring your semi-driving self inside where we can see that you are not going to do something dumb" method for live loads.

Never had it happen to me, but I had a coworker back when who took a trip inside a trailer, after the driver decided to leave during the loading. They got about 1/4 mile through the lot before the driver realized what all the honking from his trailer was about. Never saw that driver again, and the coworker was REALLY paranoid about driver check-in after that. Naturally, the dock manager filled out a fake discipline report and had him thinking he was going to get in trouble for leaving the building while on the clock.....

From the other side of that equation, whenever I pull a van out of a dock, I pull forward about three feet, then go back and check the load before I clear out of the dock.

I've had back right back in a few times because loads were completely unacceptable, and had another one collapse out the back when a layer of boxes crunched.

Whenever possible, I'd go in and check the load before they pulled the dock plate.

This was probably another of those warehouses where they refuse to allow a driver past the front door.