title question

Jonan1647545505

ok i bought a motorcycle off of ebay and recieved a title for it.

when i picked up the bike the guy i bought it on ebay off of had the title from the previous ower and the prev owner messed up signing her name, she signed where the purchaser was to sign and then scratched it out and signed on the proper line.

he has been unable to get a hold of her.

im not sure what to do.

i was told that i can simply take the bike to the highway patrol and they will run the vin on the frame and the engine and anything else that has any serial number or whatever and will give you a title for the bike. unless anything comes back stolen, then you have to surrender anything thats hot.

i ve also heard about a service that will get you a title for $165, http://www.its-titles.com/ i checked them out and they look legit.

somebody point me in the right direction!

thanks

john

searching here this is what I found

http://www.bmv.ohio.gov/title/title_faq.htm

this is the cloest thing I could find not sure if you would be able to do this thou

Q22:

The person I sold my vehicle to is calling and they have lost the assigned, notarized title that I gave them. What do I do?

A22:

You should go to the county title office and state that the original title was lost or stolen and give the reason, and apply for a duplicate title and do the assignment and notarization over and deliver to purchaser. Always keep a copy of the assigned title for your records.

or call

Title Administration and Customer Service (TACS) Unit by telephone at (614) 752-7671

I had a simillar issue with a parts car I bought. I tracked down the original owner, however her husband would not let her help me. The owner of record(last person who registered the vehicle) has to get a duplicate title in the same county that the previous title was issued(atleast in Ohio). I ended up stripping it and selling what was left to someone else for parts. Unless the law has changed, you have to get in contact with the last person who registered the vehicle. Good luck.