lt1 question

Qtr_pndr

Guest Removed
The Optisporadicspark unit is what he means. Factory rods are a strong design being powdered metal.But still junk not the less cause you cant make rpm with the dizzy wont let you :o

fixxed :D

There are ways to upgrade the opti-spark, and the LT1 is just like any other older SBC. If they are taken care of will run great for a long time. If you want to push the limits of an Impala you'd start seeing problems in the tranny before the engine, it is a big heavy car.

Depends on the year to know what extreme the opti will be junk. I think the 93-94 are non vented but I believe from 95 up they were all vented so they are less pain in the ass. As long as your waterpump isnt leaking on them they won't be horrible. I have had problem sometimes in a really bad rainstorm though.

Ahh, retards.

There are tons of options regarding ignitions on these cars. From converting non-vented to vented opti's (95+ is vented), LTCC coil-pack route, going to a standard distributor setup, going to an aftermarket MSD Optispark, etc.

Can't make RPM, but mine never broke up at 7200 RPM. That was on a vented opti and a Mallory ignition, stock coil.

Most agree that for top Opti performance, you just need to get the high voltage out of it, hence using coil packs while the Opti does the cam referencing. Not sure how well the MSD Opti's are doing.

Look into the Super Southern Heavy Shootout. Fun stuff. The Imps and Marauders have been going at it for years there. The Big Dog is the above described Imp ;)

4000 Pounds, 4 Door, RWD....

FTMFW!!!!

:D

KillJoy

I'll have to do that I got it more as a daily so I could sell my blazer and be out one car payment.

Ahh, retards.

There are tons of options regarding ignitions on these cars. From converting non-vented to vented opti's (95+ is vented), LTCC coil-pack route, going to a standard distributor setup, going to an aftermarket MSD Optispark, etc.

Can't make RPM, but mine never broke up at 7200 RPM. That was on a vented opti and a Mallory ignition, stock coil.

Most agree that for top Opti performance, you just need to get the high voltage out of it, hence using coil packs while the Opti does the cam referencing. Not sure how well the MSD Opti's are doing.

x2 my msd is set at 7000 rpm the rpm dont hurt it ,it held up to a 1.4009 60 ft the last time i was out :D