supra vs GT500 - talking shit!

CRAWDAD

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10.70s might be reaching but I am sticking to my guns I think the car has it in it.

I really don't see it leaving hard enough on drag radials and IRS.

My old T-Type would cut high 1.4s and still not go 10.70s (it made a mph less than Howard's car). That was on a 28x9" ET Drag with a live axle and a chassis setup much better suited for it.

The Supra's got 10s in it for sure, but I think it will take the bottle to do it.

That said, I'd love to be proven wrong. :D

My old T-Type would cut high 1.4s and still not go 10.70s (it made a mph less than Howard's car). That was on a 28x9" ET Drag with a live axle and a chassis setup much better suited for it.

The Supra's got 10s in it for sure, but I think it will take the bottle to do it.

I have absolutely no evidence or reason to think the car will pull 10.70s other then it is winter time, and there is not nearly enough bench racing on this site yet.

i agree on the bottlole its got prob. a 10.50-10.70 in it on drag radials

You have issues with wheel hop? I couldn't tell if that's what that was or not. I know a guy from work, he's on here too, that got rid of his fairly easily on his GT500. Just wondering...

I was having issues with my upper control arm. this is the third one in it this year. I almost didn't race but couldn't resist once I got there. I don't have any wheel hop. bushing's were blown on the upper control arm.

I just babied out of the hole. 3k slipping the clutch.

I was having issues with my upper control arm. this is the third one in it this year. I almost didn't race but couldn't resist once I got there. I don't have any wheel hop. bushing's were blown on the upper control arm.

I just babied out of the hole. 3k slipping the clutch.

Ah, well if you're still having issues with suspension at all PM Jeff, ( GT500HP ), he's a local guy you might know him already. He has a blue GT500 and I think he's more or less put an entirely new suspension on the car, control arms and all if I remember right. He seems very pleased with what he's done.

I think I could go 8's with twinturbo setup and auto tranny!

video already posted!!!!

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/First-2007-Shelby-GT500_174360.htm

that thing is awsome.

i think it was the 3rd race in that vid (the 9.2 run), if i were the guy in that all out looking race car, i would cry since i 4K pound street car with TT's just stayed right next to me all the way down the track.