From Missionary to Atheist

ImUrOBGYN

:rolleyes:

This isn't about you. Leave a topical comment or feel free to exit the thread if it offends you.

I would say he was most likely playing church all those years. God said he will never leave you nor forsake you. Once you are saved, you cant get unsaved.

There is my topical comment. Now I await the you, and thorne to cuss me out and tell me that I am pushing my religion on people.

I would say he was most likely playing church all those years. God said he will never leave you nor forsake you. Once you are saved, you cant get unsaved.

There is my topical comment. Now I await the you, and thorne to cuss me out and tell me that I am pushing my religion on people.

Not gonna happen. This isn't what this thread is about. Take what you want from the article.

And how often do I actually cuss you? That's rhetorical, by the way.

Denmark and Sweden aren't exceptions. A 2005 study by Gregory Paul looking at 18 democracies found that the more atheist societies tended to have relatively low murder and suicide rates and relatively low incidence of abortion and teen pregnancy.

http://www.slate.com/id/2203614/pagenum/all?Paul

So, this is a puzzle. If you look within the United States, religion seems to make you a better person. Yet atheist societies do very well—better, in many ways, than devout ones.

Meaning societies where people are free to chose, and they choose not to beleive. Commies are omitted, because ntohing good comes from a forced belief-set.

The positive effect of religion in the real world, to my mind, is tied to this last, community component—rather than a belief in constant surveillance by a higher power. Humans are social beings, and we are happier, and better, when connected to others
Getting closer to the point. Religion = good only when everyone beleives the same thing. Community.

Scattered individuals who are excluded from communities do not receive the benefits of community, nor do they feel willing to contribute to the communities that exclude them
H8'in on athiests and calling them amoral pervs is a self fulfilling prophecy.

Thus the rediculous existence of an "Athiest Church", they want to get together.

Because no one reads his word.
Because nobody wrote them down. ;)