Stock market....

2pointslow

Buy gm or ford stocks. I hear they are doin well.

ford. buy ford. they'll either be bought or merge with another company. buy ford.

i'd stay as far away as possible from gm. i'd be willing to bet bankruptcy is in their near future. they're too far in debt.

these of course are just my opinions, so don't get pissed if you lose money. but i bought ford.

yeah, invest away.

if you MUST do something with your money, turn it into Euros and invest it outside the U.S.

I don't see what good that would do to invest in a foreign market. It is a global problem; not just U.S. You never know where the euro will go. Plus, I would put my faith into the U.S. fixing things before any other country. We lead, they follow. Just look at the stimulus packages.

My financial adviser told me to buy shares of OAKBX (at $33 a share) early in the summer and not worry about diversifying. That stock plummeted to $23 last I checked, and my money has been sitting in a money market account making 3.5%.

Advisers don't know everything. Invest where you feel confident, and for me, that was in a high yield, highly liquid account.

My financial adviser told me to buy shares of OAKBX (at $33 a share) early in the summer and not worry about diversifying. That stock plummeted to $23 last I checked, and my money has been sitting in a money market account making 3.5%.

Advisers don't know everything. Invest where you feel confident, and for me, that was in a high yield, highly liquid account.

Thats where it currently sits and has sat for some time. Idk i might invest in some oil wells. I know some people who own a oil investment company so we will see.

Honestly your advisor sounds like a dumbass. "Don't worry about diversifying" would have been the first clue for me.