HELP I need a VET

thorne

I learned a few lessons a long time ago. 1) there are no free pets, don't take one on if you cannot afford a $400 trip to the vet at any moment. 2) never give your pet anything they cannot digest, this includes rawhide chewies. 3) a turkey baster full of peroxide can get just about anything out of a dog's stomach, but do it outside. 4) an ultra hydrated dog that you feed pumpkin pie filling to, can pass an amazing array of stuff including corn-cobs and an 8inch section of rope-toy.

Akula I'm with you. I just got back from the vet. Joe is going to be ok. He's got some medicines to take and oddly enough pumpkin pie was listed as one of the things for us to feed him along with yougurt for the next 8 days. He passed a HUGE Piece of bone last night . 3-4inches long .

We will never be feeding our dogs bones again.

In the past we had always been told that Butcher Bones where ok. I guesse they are ok if your dog is not able to destroy them in single chomps. But my buddy is ok.

Where keeping an eye on the other ones to make sure they did not eat / get bone stuck.

Thanks for everyones input I just wanted to toss out there that he was doing better.

IF last night joe would have been bleeding I would have dropped what ever. Hell I was prepared to sell my AK if need be I already talked to a buddy about it.

So Big Jo is going to be ok. Now I need some sleep.

I learned a few lessons a long time ago. 1) there are no free pets, don't take one on if you cannot afford a $400 trip to the vet at any moment. 2) never give your pet anything they cannot digest, this includes rawhide chewies. 3) a turkey baster full of peroxide can get just about anything out of a dog's stomach, but do it outside. 4) an ultra hydrated dog that you feed pumpkin pie filling to, can pass an amazing array of stuff including corn-cobs and an 8inch section of rope-toy.

You must own my dog(s). Up the number to $400 initial and upwards of $1,500 for the ER visit..

Been there done that with the Peroxide too. Have to be careful as the reaction will occur in a matter of minutes.

Just make sure you use "real" pumpkin pie filling...and keep him hydrated. He'll shit out last years Christmas dinner is works so well. Helps with Diarrhea too. We divide it up in ice cube trays and keep some in the freezer so we don't have do the midnight run.

Our dogs have eaten bars of soap, huge lumps of playdoe, socks and yes, corn cobs. So far they passed everything.

Good luck and sleep well.