Please, tell me why this fails....

KillJoy

Buell 1125R

BUELL® 1125R

Engine: Liquid Cooled 1125cc Helicon® V-TwinHORSEPOWERTORQUEMSRP146 HP @ 9800 RPM82 ft. lbs. @ 8000 RPM$11,995

I have liked the size and looks of the Buell for a long time, and they now have higher power levels.

How would this bike compare to a current R6? Subjectivly Kenny ;) I know Buells had quiality issues in the beginning, but now they appear to be much better.

Please give me the reasons this bike fails.

:D

KillJoy

Care to elaborate? I have never ridden one.....

KillJoy

The motor isn't made by HD as someone said earlier, they're made by Rotax.

I haven't ridden a 1125R, but the other Buells I've ridden have shifted like total dog shit. Granted, the 1125R has a slipper clutch, so maybe it's different.

It will vibrate your teeth out, it won't go around a track as fast as a normal sport bike, the front end is horridly ugly, they have complaints about heat on the right side and they're well, built by Buell. Not a fan.

That said, if you buy one, let me ride it. I'll tell you what I think then.

I haven't ridden a 1125R, but the other Buells I've ridden have shifted like total dog shit. Granted, the 1125R has a slipper clutch, so maybe it's different.

It will vibrate your teeth out, it won't go around a track as fast as a normal sport bike, the front end is horridly ugly, they have complaints about heat on the right side and they're well, built by Buell. Not a fan.

Thanks!

Anyone else?

KillJoy

There is another thread on this topic with some race results posted from this past season and the new 1125r did SURPRISINGLY well.

WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have done 5 track days on my 1125r at Mid-Ohio this summer. It is a very nice bike. I can run the entire track in third gear except for the straights. It's all because of the torque. I a pretty new rider and I can keep up with most liter bikes to a point. I have even managed to pass a few. Buell is all about corner speed. If you have the skill and confidence in the tires it will carry serious speed through the corner.

I had an 07 GSXR 750 before the 1125r. It was a very nice bike but I wouldn't trade my Buell for it. When I get the bike paid for it will be purpose built track day/race bike.

P.S. Harley owns 51% of Buell. If you do some research you will find that Harley has nothing to do with Buell. Buell does everything on their own without help from H-D. Also the 1125r is a totally different Buell from past bikes.

http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee304/white79bu/buell8.jpg

http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee304/white79bu/buell17.jpg

god i hate to hear duc's start up and run they sound like they are gonna fall apart

You're right about that, at least the dry clutch Ducs are noisy as hell. But they're a lot more dependable than people think. Mine's a 2005 999 that I've put 26k miles on, and it's taken me wherever I wanted to go.

I wouldn't be afraid of the Buell 1125R, either; it does a lot of things well. Maintenance is going to be simpler than with a desmo valve Ducati, and it's just as "exclusive" if that's something you're going for.

I'd highly recommend riding the bikes you're interested in before buying anything. For me, it's more about how the bike fits me and feels to me than it is about performance stats or image. Most modern bikes have more performance potential than their riders have skill. But the bike you end up loving is the one that communicates well and gets you in the groove. It seems to have its own "soul." And after a thousand commutes or a thousand miles, it still makes you laugh out loud inside your helmet.

http://i355.photobucket.com/albums/r445/martyr65/999.jpg

On the Blue Ridge Parkway with my triple niner