My heater can go to hell

TheHaze

Guest Removed
do you have hot on both heater hose going to it? does it change from cold to colder when going from hot to cold...either blend door motor has failed(bottom of heater case on thepassenger side) or the heater core is pluged up...either way i could fix that for you... heater core sucks cause the whole dash has to be removed...i just did kbonds99 sons car, and doing a newer blazer at the moment...

do you have hot on both heater hose going to it? does it change from cold to colder when going from hot to cold...either blend door motor has failed(bottom of heater case on thepassenger side) or the heater core is pluged up...either way i could fix that for you... heater core sucks cause the whole dash has to be removed...i just did kbonds99 sons car, and doing a newer blazer at the moment...

It isn't colder than a/c, but rather luke-warmish.

^^^Try flushing it before you go ripping the dash out. I just did it in my Dakota with 225K miles and had chunks of mud come out of the damn thing! It makes GREAT heat now!

I had the most success with "back flushing" it. I flushed it against the normal coolant flow to get any blockages out which worked wonders.

Guest Removed
your thinkimg cherokee the wranglers are still pretty basic

take the heater hoses loose at the firewall and use a hose to flush through the core both ways see if any crud comes out of it then try the heat again

i just noticed that....it was late last night.. :o