School me on Radar Detectors.

Farkas

Starting to look around for detectors since I've never had one..

What should I look for, any specific brands?

I remember reading about radar detectors in a thread last year, but it's almost 2009 now. I'm curious, what are a couple of the better detectors that are out there right now?

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bel. I did three weeks of research and found the RX65 Pro to beat the V1 in EVERYTHING except the "over the hill X-Band", which the V1 beat it by about 100'. Everything else, from ranges to false detects, the RX65 Pro beat the V1 and Passport 8500 by wide margins.

Since then, Bel has released an even more advanced version of the RX65, which widens the lead over the V1 and Passport even more.

Some people swear by the gimmicky arrows of the V1. Who cares. If the detector goes off, slow down. It doesn't matter what direction they're coming from.

Bel. I did three weeks of research and found the RX65 Pro to beat the V1 in EVERYTHING except the "over the hill X-Band", which the V1 beat it by about 100'. Everything else, from ranges to false detects, the RX65 Pro beat the V1 and Passport 8500 by wide margins.

Since then, Bel has released an even more advanced version of the RX65, which widens the lead over the V1 and Passport even more.

Some people swear by the gimmicky arrows of the V1. Who cares. If the detector goes off, slow down. It doesn't matter what direction they're coming from.

This is the information I was looking for.. keep it coming.

i bought a cobra detector from radioshack for about 65 bucks. its junk. it doesnt seem to pick up signals from sherriffs period and doesnt pick up city police till their right on top of me. id recommend paying for one rather than just going for a cheap one.

Good info. I can't believe I misplaced my V1 somewhere in my house. I know that fucker is here but I can't find it. May be getting new on soon and will look at the RX series.

Overall though, I've been watching traffic and scanning with my own eyes. IMO, it's as good if not better than a detector. My last three trips, even with my V1, I saw most every cop that way.

Starting to look around for detectors since I've never had one..

What should I look for, any specific brands?

I remember reading about radar detectors in a thread last year, but it's almost 2009 now. I'm curious, what are a couple of the better detectors that are out there right now?

get yourself a jammer. theres a fixall =0. and is your car the one in dox garage? looks sick btw

Dumbest Post On CR.

:rolleyes:

KillJoy

bullshit. Get a CB. best radar detector ever (on interstates. State routes with light truck traffic, not so much.)

short of a CB, get what Steve recommends, or the bel. For him to not get a ticket is god damn near a miracle.