Is this a good deal?

Wonderboy

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont know much about these cars. Are they strong or reliable? And Ive been searching for about 10min. and can not find out how many lbs of boost these are pushing. I did read that they can handle 11 lbs but that doesnt really answer my question. Also says they run 1/4 in 13.2 which isnt fantastic but its not horrible i suppose.

The wheels are fugly. It's a 2V http://smiliesftw.com/x/ughdunno.gif

Eeeek. I didnt even notice the wheels before. Ill have to see if they have some regular gt wheels to swap onto it. Those just wont do. I know its a 2v which Im not super happy with but, they are pretty solid motors arent they? Just not the most powerful right?

Eeeek. I didnt even notice the wheels before. Ill have to see if they have some regular gt wheels to swap onto it. Those just wont do. I know its a 2v which Im not super happy with but, they are pretty solid motors arent they? Just not the most powerful right?

It's a PI head car, so it'll make more power than the previous 96-98 abortions of a mustang. That kit is probably only making 6-8LBS through that blower. If it's close to a Roush kit, it'll be an MP90 sized blower, but I'm not too sure what it is. If it is an MP112, then you'll be in business. You'll be lucky to run 10LBS on a stock block 2V, but never the less, it should be a low 13/High 12 with sticky tires and a driver. Regular GT wheels would look blah, just get a set of 03 Cobra wheels, they'd look 10X better. Take it for a spin, if you're happy, run with it. You can always tune, and add more bolt ons. Not to mention stuff a nice suspension under it.

It's a PI head car, so it'll make more power than the previous 96-98 abortions of a mustang. That kit is probably only making 6-8LBS through that blower. If it's close to a Roush kit, it'll be an MP90 sized blower, but I'm not too sure what it is. If it is an MP112, then you'll be in business. You'll be lucky to run 10LBS on a stock block 2V, but never the less, it should be a low 13/High 12 with sticky tires and a driver. Regular GT wheels would look blah, just get a set of 03 Cobra wheels, they'd look 10X better. Take it for a spin, if you're happy, run with it. You can always tune, and add more bolt ons. Not to mention stuff a nice suspension under it.

Very true. Cobra wheels would be nice. So the stock 2v could handle only 10lbs? So any idea what the max amount of power you can push on those motors before they start to KABOOM! Im only looking for a car I can hit 12's with. I think that will be fast enough for me, for now. Cool I may go check it out tomorrow. Now I just hope they are looking to buy a sentra. lol

Os yeah, the other question I had was. Do you think that the insurance for this would be the same as for a regular GT? Or do you think there is something different in the VIN that would allow the insurance company to tell the difference? I know its a weird question.

Os yeah, the other question I had was. Do you think that the insurance for this would be the same as for a regular GT? Or do you think there is something different in the VIN that would allow the insurance company to tell the difference? I know its a weird question.

If it's a "true" Saleen (Which I doubt) then they'll be able to tell via vin #. It won't be as bad as you think, my Z28 wasn't bad for full coverage when I was 19. The whole going boost happy isn't always the best idea. 10psi is kinda pushin it, for you'll need injectors, pump and a tune. I'd make sure what size blower it is first to see what you're starting with. I am digging the semi vista blue. I don't have a doubt they'll buy up a sentra. Econoboxes are the hotter item.

If it's a "true" Saleen (Which I doubt) then they'll be able to tell via vin #. It won't be as bad as you think, my Z28 wasn't bad for full coverage when I was 19. The whole going boost happy isn't always the best idea. 10psi is kinda pushin it, for you'll need injectors, pump and a tune. I'd make sure what size blower it is first to see what you're starting with. I am digging the semi vista blue. I don't have a doubt they'll buy up a sentra. Econoboxes are the hotter item.

So you think its more likely that someone just bought the saleen stuff and probably built it themselves? And how do I figure out what size the blower is? Is there a marking or part number I should look for?

So you think its more likely that someone just bought the saleen stuff and probably built it themselves? And how do I figure out what size the blower is? Is there a marking or part number I should look for?

Dig for a part #. More than likely it's an Eaton head unit, so it may say on it. I haven't seen an S281 let alone an S281E go for that cheap. Granted, "pony" cars are slacking in resale at the moment. Then again, it very well could be a true Saleen, I'm kinda skepticle. Either way, as long as they did a good job, it looks the part.

Dig for a part #. More than likely it's an Eaton head unit, so it may say on it. I haven't seen an S281 let alone an S281E go for that cheap. Granted, "pony" cars are slacking in resale at the moment. Then again, it very well could be a true Saleen, I'm kinda skepticle. Either way, as long as they did a good job, it looks the part.

Well I just looked at the pics zoomed in a little closer and its got saleen badge on the center console and the gauge cluster plus the rear and side badges. It seems like alot of work just to replicate one. But, you make a good point it does look pretty good. I looked closer at the wheels too, they may be ugly but atleast they are O.Z. so they should be pretty light.