Is this a good deal?

Wonderboy

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

so I looked into the gto's a little more and they seem like a pretty decent all around package. Its a little bigger than what Im used to but, im sure I could adjust quickly. Plus the interior is pretty nice. Im gonna go look at one while Im out lookin at the saleen. Plus the gto is as fast as the saleen and it doesnt even have a s/c.

so I looked into the gto's a little more and they seem like a pretty decent all around package. Its a little bigger than what Im used to but, im sure I could adjust quickly. Plus the interior is pretty nice. Im gonna go look at one while Im out lookin at the saleen. Plus the gto is as fast as the saleen and it doesnt even have a s/c.

lol....you are just down for whatever anybody tells you to get arent ya? The interior of 01 Cobras is really nice. Its up to you and its your money but GTO's are tanks and the 5.7's are overweight and underpowered.

lol....you are just down for whatever anybody tells you to get arent ya? The interior of 01 Cobras is really nice. Its up to you and its your money but GTO's are tanks and the 5.7's are overweight and underpowered.

Haha, yeah. like I said before, Im not biased on any domestic brands so Im down for whatever as long as its fast and a good deal. Plus I like nice, newer, somewhat "plush" interiors and things like that. Ive still got a while to decide so Im planning on test driving a little of everything until I find what I like. And it doesnt help when I've almost decided on something and then someone comes in here and posts up something different thats also nice/ fast. Im a young man who doesnt know what he wants. lol

Are the O1 cobras the 4.6 dohc? And wasnt there one with the 5.4? Wait, the 5.4's are the Cobra R correct?

Are the O1 cobras the 4.6 dohc? And wasnt there one with the 5.4? Wait, the 5.4's are the Cobra R correct?

Yes they are they run good they are a tad slower than Mach 1's and the interior is very nice just like an 03/04 Cobras interior. With full bolt-ons and 4:10's they will go mid 12's. And yes the 5.4 is the Cobra R.

Since you have to buy from a dealrship your choices are limited especially getting a car with mods. http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?ct=u&car_id=253395837&dealer_id=50997478&car_year=2001&rdm=1228083397732&model=MUST&num_records=25&systime=&make2=&highlightFirstMakeModel=&start_year=2001&keywordsfyc=&keywordsfyc=&keywordsrep=&keywordsrep=&engine=&certified=&body_code=0&fuel=&awsp=false&search_type=both&distance=100&marketZipError=false&search_lang=en&showZipError=n&make=FORD&keywords_display=&color=&page_location=findacar%3A%3Aispsearchform&min_price=8000&drive=&default_sort=priceDESC&seller_type=b&max_mileage=&style_flag=1&sort_type=priceDESC&address=43113&advanced=&end_year=2001&doors=&transmission=&max_price=15000&cardist=76&rdpage=thumb

I dont know how much money your going to have to put in a car but this car is very nice with low mileage and would look very good lowered with tinted windows and would run good with bolt ons and gears with a tune.

Yeah, the interior on that is nice. I like the black w/ grey insert. As far as mods go, I wouldnt mind something stock or close to stock. Just because I like the idea of the whole "blank canvas". And I plan on selling the parts off of my car to buy parts for the new one plus tax returns will be coming in a couple months. Yay!

Just as a heads up you may also want to base part of your buying decision on if you have positive or negative equity in the car.

Im fucked on my car. I just checked the kbb trade in and retail value on it this morning and it went down about $2500 since I checked it 3 months ago. So I already know Im gonna get a little booty fuckin on the deal.

My GTO was a 5.7 and ran just as good as any 99-01 cobra I've seen. 13.35 bone stock in the middle of summer.

Wow, 13.35? Thats impressive. So far I've seen stock times everywhere from 14.0 - 13.0. One guy says he got a 12.9ish on radials. All the 13 and faster times were listed on ls1gto.com but, the videos I saw on youtube were closer to the 14 second range. And Ive seen about the same times on the 99-01 cobras. And as far as weight difference, the gto is about 300- 400 pounds heavier than the camaros and mustangs. And I found out that a new mustang gt is faster than the ls1 gto with similar mods. Too bad the new mustangs are so damn expensive.

Hmm... I bet you could only get a BEAT LS1 Fbody with high miles for 7,500...

Go look at some of the cars currently for sale right now on LS1tech and get back at me. There are a number of Z28's and even a couple SS with <100k miles going for under 8k.

My GTO was a 5.7 and ran just as good as any 99-01 cobra I've seen. 13.35 bone stock in the middle of summer.

Yeah and your GTO is the fastest GTO I have ever seen......and be honest did you like it as good as your Mach? Cody's Cobra went 12.50 at 110 with bolt ons and gears.