on the storm

Ef8sirJunkie

Wow I had the cmoplete oppisite opinion. I'm looking at a new phone, I am set on the iphone now but I checked out the storm/instict/andriod(g1). Out of all of them the Storm was the one i liked the least. But the demo one we were playing with crashed while trying to launch the browser.

well i havent had any lag on my storm like some of the display models it will tilt from portrait to landscape in a matter of 5seconds.

on another note i had it for only half a day then my charger apparently killed my phone so now im stuck with my envy again untill a new 1 arrives with a new charger. i got the international charger and i had it plugged into an extension cord so i can set my phone up on my couch and i woke up this morning and read a text and it shut off and now wont turn on, also the charger plug was very hot. verizon couldnt get it to work either. so i advise dont get the stupid international charger.

Well, I went to a Verizon store and played with the Storm and if they are using the display models to sell it they are crazy. The tilt lag was quite noticeable and typing on the qwerty keyboard was not easy. I would light up the K and push and somehow get an L.

Now I am on the fence again, I like my 8830 but wanted a bigger screen for browsing. Plus now that I am not in need of being GSA compliant I want a camera.

Well, I went to a Verizon store and played with the Storm and if they are using the display models to sell it they are crazy. The tilt lag was quite noticeable and typing on the qwerty keyboard was not easy. I would light up the K and push and somehow get an L.

Now I am on the fence again, I like my 8830 but wanted a bigger screen for browsing. Plus now that I am not in need of being GSA compliant I want a camera.

i had it for half a day and got use to it. the typing was weird cause you have to imagine a line that your thumbs cant cross or you will hit the wrong keys. if you try to hit the a button with your right thumb it will make it an s or d i dunno why it just does.

The demo versions at the polaris store sucked but when i bought mine i was using a personal storm someone had. mine worked just as good as his for some reason the displays lag like crazy.

Yeah the update has been out for like a week now

http://worldwide.blackberry.com/update/blackberrystorm.jsp

It will be available for OTA (Over the air) programming here shortly.

The Storm is a sweet phone I like mine but I won't be using it for very long. I hate touch screen phones even though this is one of them more keystroke accurate ones I have used..

I'm waiting til we get our version of the BB Bold At&t has..

I just saw the Bold last night, it looks interesting.

More then interesting once we get it that will be my last phone for awhile until RIM decides to put out a another blackberry lol T-Mobile is about to get the BB Curve 2

I have a bold and love it. I had a pearl before and it was interesting getting used to the new phone. The screen is ten times better looking then the old phones to. The browser is faster as is the cpu which makes reboots faster as well.

I played with the storm and didn't like the lag or the screen sensitivity. I really was hoping it was going to be better so I could cancel my personal phone abd only carry one device. Maybe verizon will get the bold soon time will tell.