Remote Start insall..............

Aaron

I just researched it for the VW MKV cars (2005+ Jetta, 2006+GTI/GLI/Rabbit/R32)

The problem is in the CAN-BUS system that VW uses to run its electronics. There are immobilizers everywhere, along with intricate wiring etc.

The only way to do it right in the MKV cars is to use a CAN-BUS interface offered by a few companies, which are expensive. If I could get it all done for about $250, I would have done it, but it looks like the price is more towards or exceeding $400 with the interface and labor.

Thanks guys...........

I just researched it for the VW MKV cars (2005+ Jetta, 2006+GTI/GLI/Rabbit/R32)

The problem is in the CAN-BUS system that VW uses to run its electronics. There are immobilizers everywhere, along with intricate wiring etc.

The only way to do it right in the MKV cars is to use a CAN-BUS interface offered by a few companies, which are expensive. If I could get it all done for about $250, I would have done it, but it looks like the price is more towards or exceeding $400 with the interface and labor.

Thanks guys...........

Well, that sucks. I don't have much experience with VW, however, I've hit this wall before on a buddies and an ex-gf's. Hadn't thought about that. Well, good luck anyway.

Well, that sucks. I don't have much experience with VW, however, I've hit this wall before on a buddies and an ex-gf's. Hadn't thought about that. Well, good luck anyway.

Thanks.

Its not worth the risk of potential problems since her car is a lease. Some dealers have said it will void the electrical/ECU warranty if they see a remote starter. Its just not worth the risk.