Diesel truck question

starkmaster03

captin obvious.

why would someone spend the extra 4-7k for a diesel engine and not use it.

and most diesels do better with a load. especially the 6.0 powerstroke. i got better mileage with 5k behind it driving to NY than the empty trailer.

oh and triple can i can

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my girlfriends brother always wanted diesel truck, his old late 80's gas ford truck just did not have the balls to pull the things he needed for work, he ended up finding the truck at richart in columbus, it is a 2005, white, auto extended cab, with long bed, super nice snow plow set up , had a nice jason cab on the back also, the truck is crazy clean. He wanted to me to look over the truck which I could not find anything wrong . He got the truck out the door for 18500 and only had 52k on it , which was a steal in my book , I spoke with the guy and said they are having issues selling trucks in general. and said a few have been around or on the lot for a year. good luck finding what you want.

I found this one at Richart, not to bad, maybe they could come down just a bit. Great looking truck and low miles.

2500HD

some reason I try to stay away from things that have been some what modded to pull more, 5th wheels always reminds me of a truck that has been pulling large large things, but anything is possible and what else are these trucks made and used for? I do know this kid who owns one and it prolly has never pulled anything since day one, He is the biggest poser he wants to look like a "country boy" type person and is lazy and pathetic he tells everyone that he farms his grandpa's land himself , he pulls this and that with his truck, trys to tell me all the mods he put on , its horrible trying to speak with him.

i know it doesent help you finding a truck but adding a chip, intake and 4" turbo back gets great millage, we have a 2 car trailer and when we haul 2 cars, 4 sets of tires and what ever we need to drift events we average about 21-22mpg towing.

i know it doesent help you finding a truck but adding a chip, intake and 4" turbo back gets great millage, we have a 2 car trailer and when we haul 2 cars, 4 sets of tires and what ever we need to drift events we average about 21-22mpg towing.

every diesel gets different mileage. Guessing is this a cummins?

Mine gets about 17, I've noticed though cummins get better then the other 2... but 21-22mpg out of a 5.9L is not unheard of. Keep your foot out of it and you fine, whether towing or not. I like the chevys, great looking truck, love the interior too. But the Cummins is the LSx of diesels.

id go with the 02 out of those, i like the allison tranny. my friend has an 04 duramax with the allison, and its great. i like it much better than either of the powerstrokes my other friend has(08 and 97). ive never heard much bad about the allisons at all, and the duramax has been a great engine.

I think the original two trucks are out and I'm going to wait until I find exactly what I want. It's going to be an 01+, 2500HD, Duramax with the auto, Crew Cab, 4x4, black or blue exterior with either black or grey interior, power mirror, locks, window, no vinal seats and carpeting. 15K -20K range.GMC 2500

Hey guys, picked up a new truck today, will post pictures tomorrow when they deliver it. I snagged it up at Bobby Layman down in Lancaster by change we went by on Sunday when they were closed and it was traded in on Saturday after they closed. I called them Monday morning and bought it this morning. It's an 2005 Silverado 2500HD LT crew cab, short bed, and it is loaded to the gills. It's dark blue with tan leather, all power options, dual heated power seats, power lumbar, touch screen nav, factory DVD with bose speaker system, 6.6L turbo, 4x4, tinted window and rhino linar.