Diesel truck question

starkmaster03

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It also has an after market secondary gas tank in the bed of the truck under the soft cover. From the manual I guess that it auto fills your tank with it's own fuel pump. Anyone familiar with one of these? I've never seen or even heard of one.

trans-flow system?

the 2005's are sweet trucks. 2004s would of been the best bet for upgrades. you can get to the injectors by the valve cover, not like the early ones 01-02 where u have to take the head off. The 2005's have a factory cat and get less mileage.

Time for a straight pipe and EFI live!

trans-flow system?

the 2005's are sweet trucks. 2004s would of been the best bet for upgrades. you can get to the injectors by the valve cover, not like the early ones 01-02 where u have to take the head off. The 2005's have a factory cat and get less mileage.

They actually called me back because they wanted to look the truck over and detail it before they give it to me and they said that they need to replace the cat and have ordered one, free of charge to me but the Check Engine light was not on. Looks like someone is trying to get some warranty work.

I have the EFI live, just need to get another vin license.

trans-flow system?

Oh yeah, I for got to mention yes, that is what it was.

trans-flow system?

04 was a half year on engine models.

01 to 04.5 is the LB7, valve covers come off to change injectors.

04.5 and 05 have the same engine, LLY (easy injector replacement) but it doesn't really matter because the LLY injectors are great and rarely go bad like the LB7's

I get the same mileage with my LLY that everyone I know gets with their LB7's. LLY has a better turbo and the cat can get lost very easily. There is more tuning capability with the LLY in EFI Live as well.

04 was a half year on engine models.

01 to 04.5 is the LB7, valve covers come off to change injectors.

04.5 and 05 have the same engine, LLY (easy injector replacement) but it doesn't really matter because the LLY injectors are great and rarely go bad like the LB7's

I get the same mileage with my LLY that everyone I know gets with their LB7's. LLY has a better turbo and the cat can get lost very easily. There is more tuning capability with the LLY in EFI Live as well.

Thanks for the info, I should get the truck tomorrow and I'll get the picks up.

Do you user EFI live? I have little experience tuning and none with a Diesel, time to learn.

^^^^ He is a very helpfull person when it comes to EFI and knows a lot. He helped me through a couple begining tune issues. If you can get the time with him to talk about it I would recomend doing so.

If you go to Dieselplace.com you can download tune files that have already been made to start out with. I wish I would have seen this thread before, I would have had the perfect truck for you.

When you wanna get a MBRP turbo back? :cool:

Lemme know if you need anything, I can show you our Duramax if you want a few ideas for economy/performance. Nice find! I hope to join [CR DIESEL CREW] come spring.

Boss's truck:

http://www.pickupspluscars.com/images/PPC%20Gallery/Customers/Larry%20McCoy/cust19_01.jpg

I was wondering if that was a diesel, I figured it wasn't because most really nice/custom truck owners don't want to listen to the rattle.

Congrats on the purchase, love to see pics.... secondary fuel tank might be usefull for offroad diesel ;)

Fuck the secondary tank when you can just fill the primary on a constant basis. :bangbang:

Oh an P.S. your statement in your sig might be true to some but I for one beg to differ. :D

I'll wait for Chris to chime in, if I remember correctly he had a injection pump go bad, or a couple... and I do belive they are lubricated by the diesel, so if your starving the pump, its bound to go bad. What I don't understand is if its a power gainer of just a insurance policy. Granted I don't want to but a $1600 inj. pump. Some people swear by it, but I just see it as a "save your ass" part. I'm just trying to figure out the pacticallity of it with my application.