Street Racing Charge On WBNS 10TV

KillJoy

BTW, can CR as a whole be held accountable for any street races that are setup and go wrong (such as this one) or does the littel disclaimer at the bottom exempt us from blame? Not saying this race was setup on here (in fact, I'm pretty sure it wasn't).

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

show me where I'm incorrect and fail.

a civil suite is likely to happen and perhaps not just with Brandon, but it doesn't depend on "if" he is convicted. he can walk and still be found guilty in a civil matter as could others.

You're not wrong at all. You can read the laws to us. However, if it was as cut and dry as you are making it sound then we would not need a justice system nor jurors. People are arguing with you not on the basis that your reading comprehension skills are sub par, but because your ignorance on interpretation and application of the law is. I don't care if your wife is a lawyer. That charge, based on the circumstances, is bullshit. You should see this or I hope you never see jury duty.

You're not wrong at all. You can read the laws to us. However, if it was as cut and dry as you are making it sound then we would not need a justice system nor jurors. People are arguing with you not on the basis that your reading comprehension skills are sub par, but because your ignorance on interpretation and application of the law is. I don't care if your wife is a lawyer. That charge, based on the circumstances, is bullshit. You should see this or I hope you never see jury duty.

all true.

I've had a gun pulled on me for a fucking plate light - I told the guy I had a CCW and I WASN'T carrying, dude pulls screaming SIR WHY WOULD YOU TELL ME THAT IF YOU DON'T HAVE A GUN ON YOU?!

Uh, so you don't get freaked out when you run my info, you fucking cocksucker.

That made me about choke.

I cant rep you so just know i got some stored for you.

BTW, can CR as a whole be held accountable for any street races that are setup and go wrong (such as this one) or does the littel disclaimer at the bottom exempt us from blame? Not saying this race was setup on here (in fact, I'm pretty sure it wasn't).

Maybe the owner of columbus racing if it was found on this site. I dont see it holding much ground though

<snip> if it was as cut and dry as you are making it sound then we would not need a justice system nor jurors. People are arguing with you not on the basis that your reading comprehension skills are sub par, but because your ignorance on interpretation and application of the law is. I don't care if your wife is a lawyer. That charge, based on the circumstances, is bullshit. You should see this or I hope you never see jury duty.

cut and dry?.....I think I've noted several times in my posts that these issues are NOT cut and dry. the fundamentals of the law are pretty straight forward, but every law is open to interpretation. that's what the whole arguement here is about...interpretation and everyone here is contributing their interpretation of the laws.

that's also what the DA and grand jury proceedings are about. I'm not making it sound as if the justice system or jurors aren't needed....that comes next...what's happened so far is the DA presented his case or interpretation of the events to the grand jury. his job is to slant it in favor of prosecution. just the same, the defense will now slant it the other way in hopes of getting him off.

I'm not one to want to serve on jury duty...but then you might actually want me on a case because I'd look at the facts. Again, we don't know what evidence or facts they have. Nothing has been disclosed in full. Only what they DA has released. Even Brandon and his attorney didn't know during the grand jury proceedings what the DA had. Disclosure comes later.

cut and dry?.....I think I've noted several times in my posts that these issues are NOT cut and dry. the fundamentals of the law are pretty straight forward, but every law is..........

Not cut and dry?

You think his action makes him guilty of the following three:

involuntary manslaughter

aggravated vehicular homicide

aggravated vehicular assault

You backed up your rationale by stating the law to us and how his actions fit into each category. That seems pretty cut and dry. If everyone read the law and said "Did he do this? Check. Did he do this? Check. Did he do this? Check. Alrighty, he is guilty, shut 'er down," we would be one fucked society.

That is all I'm sayin'. You can go back into your lawyer bubble now.

Not cut and dry?

involuntary manslaughter

You backed up your rationale by stating the law to us and how his actions fit into each category. That seems pretty cut and dry. If everyone read the law and said "Did he do this? Check. Did he do this? Check. Did he do this? Check. Alrighty, he is guilty, shut 'er down," we would be one fucked society.

I think everything he's posted was supporting the rationale for Brandon getting charged, not necessarily his guilt. At least that's how I read it.

I think everything he's posted was supporting the rationale for Brandon getting charged, not necessarily his guilt. At least that's how I read it.

Agreed. Poor choice of words on my part.

But the way it comes off is the latter and the fact that he keeps defending it shows a lack of "looking" at the situation and thinking behind the acts instead of just filling out a check list.

Not cut and dry?

involuntary manslaughter

actually, I only covered involuntary manslaughter, but those same points would apply to the aggravated vehicular assault charge too. I didn't go over any thoughts regarding the aggravated vehicular homicide charge.

You backed up your rationale by stating the law to us and how his actions fit into each category. That seems pretty cut and dry. If everyone read the law and said "Did he do this? Check. Did he do this? Check. Did he do this? Check. Alrighty, he is guilty, shut 'er down,"

one has to back up the charges with points to convince the grand jury. I simply in my own interpretation pointed out what I see based on what I know of the whole thing. As noted earlier, the DA likely had a solid set of points when presenting his case to the grand jury.

for the final time...I never said he was guilty convict him and shut 'er down. I said IMO, the charges are warranted and that I agree with the grand jury in that a trial is warranted. for all I know, he'll walk or a deal will be cut. no guilt or innocence has been decided. just weather the charges would hold up in court.

again, bingo.

actually, I only covered involuntary manslaughter, but those same points would apply to the aggravated vehicular assault charge too. I didn't go over any thoughts regarding the aggravated vehicular homicide charge.

one has to back up the charges with points to convince the grand jury. I simply in my own interpretation pointed out what I see based on what I know of the whole thing. As noted earlier, the DA likely had a solid set of points when presenting his case to the grand jury.

for the final time...I never said he was guilty convict him and shut 'er down. I said IMO, the charges are warranted and that I agree with the grand jury in that a trial is warranted. for all I know, he'll walk or a deal will be cut. no guilt or innocence has been decided. just weather the charges would hold up in court.

Understandable. I guess this didn't come through as you stated here when I read your previous posts is all. :cool:

he keeps defending it shows a lack of "looking" at the situation and thinking behind the acts instead of just filling out a check list.

grand jury proceedings are strictly about check lists and facts to support charges. does the DA have a case or not that would hold up in court. the grand jury decides yes / no. the situation and thinking behind the acts, etc...that's reserved for trial.

grand jury proceedings are strictly about check lists and facts to support charges. does the DA have a case or not that would hold up in court. the grand jury decides yes / no. the situation and thinking behind the acts, etc...that's reserved for trial.

I understand where you are coming from now sir. Reading the previous posts it just came off as a "I agree with these charges" kind of thing which I thought was completely and utterly ridiculous is all.

We're on the same page now. :cool:

Sword fight?

To everyone.....this I know I come across strong willed and as a dick at times...we all can / do. but....this has got to be in my short time here, the best 10 page heated thread that has not gone into the toilet that I've seen. Fucking amazing really. :cool: If the cops are monitoring the site, let the cops read it all and see the other side of CR.

and this whole pissing match is useless.

I disagree....I don't see it as a pissing match. There's way more to it and real people are involved. It has impact on many of us who have been affected by related events in the past, others who have perhaps come close to facing similar charges and it's relevant to everyone getting a better understanding of what's really happening.

I've been a part of this and Linn's discussions and gotten grief in both cases, but hopefully out of all of my rants and heat taken, things are more than just pissing matches....hopefully we all get a little better understanding of what is going on out there. I have enough drama in my own life and if I wanted a pissing contest, I don't need to come here for it; believe me.

BTW...welcome to CR....if I didn't catch you in The Oven at some point earlier.

how would you feel if it was your mom that got hurt like that young lady did.i bet you would want everyone that was involed to get the max

I wouldnt. I would want to see him charged for street racing and what was done to my mom.. that would be it.

If I did decide I wanted to see him fry it would be out of revenge, not out of a persuit for justice.