Street Racing Charge On WBNS 10TV

KillJoy

all I have to say is, I really feel for brandon. like many paople have already said, many of us have made mistakes and it could've been any of us. The only thing I could see him being stuck with is reckless-op. how can they charge him with georges death. george made a decision that was stupid no matter what that took his life and caused injury to the girl. I would think it would fall on gearge's estate not brandon.

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm curious as to why it couldnt be charged accordingly. As an alleged street racing citation and then the larger situation as a drunk driving accident?!

If they want to make a big street racing example why not use the case that displays the prime example? They have the proven racing and evading they have the first hand law enforcement viewing of the crime. No they chose this one because there was a death, a female who had life altering injuries, whose father happens to be a lawyer and that is what they seem to have based their street racing crack down on. They haven't and might not even be able to prove they were racing when it happened. The media has severly fucked the average joe's perception of the crime at hand who will be appointed to jury duty. I dont believe that the media has used the proper terms as alleged street racing, but have displayed it as a set fact they were indeed racing. I personaly dont believe prosecution will be able to prove beyond resonable doubt they were racing and that directly contributed to the accident.

R.I.P. George and best of luck to Brandon! I hope that the jury is not biased based on the image the media has portrayed and convinced the public that they were indeed racing when that has not even been proven?!

all I have to say is, I really feel for brandon. like many paople have already said, many of us have made mistakes and it could've been any of us. The only thing I could see him being stuck with is reckless-op. how can they charge him with georges death. george made a decision that was stupid no matter what that took his life and caused injury to the girl. I would think it would fall on gearge's estate not brandon.

dont worry it will fall under george estate.i feel for brandon to. but i feel more 4 the young lady who did not no what the hell happen to her for over a month.

I'm new here, but I wanted to wish Brandon good luck. I don't know anyone involved, but I hate to see lives ruined or lost. Especially out of stupidity.

I am very curious to see how this will play out in the courts. In defense of the prosecutors, it is their obligation to enforce the laws. Even the stupid ones.

As a former juror I hope that his jury will see that he did take part in an illegal activity, but does not deserve everything he is getting. (this is assuming they decide he is guilty of anything at all.)

• Upvote 1

I'm new here, but I wanted to wish Brandon good luck. I don't know anyone involved, but I hate to see lives ruined or lost. Especially out of stupidity.

I am very curious to see how this will play out in the courts. In defense of the prosecutors, it is their obligation to enforce the laws. Even the stupid ones.

As a former juror I hope that his jury will see that he did take part in an illegal activity, but does not deserve everything he is getting. (this is assuming they decide he is guilty of anything at all.)

X2

Holy Fuck!

This as GOT to be one of the BEST posts by a noob I think I have read on this forum.

:thumbup:

KillJoy

I dont believe that the media has used the proper terms as alleged street racing, but have displayed it as a set fact they were indeed racing.

Why you wouldn't see where the media is coming from? They are basing their statements and claims on information they are being given. Seems pretty clear after reading the following why they are using the language they are. Fuck all this legal proof shit....that may be what's needed in court, but come on....if the statements told to investigators are true, then let's everyone call a spade a spade and own up to what happened. Street racing gone wrong.

"Staton's wife and neighbor told investigators that the other man called Staton and challenged him to a race. When asked about the race the driver told police that his car "started breaking loose, so (he) let off the gas," allowing Staton to speed past him.

Staton's neighbor, who was following behind with Staton's wife, said that "after the race was over they both hit their brakes to slow down." The neighbor said it was "5 or 10 seconds later" that Staton lost control and crossed the median, 10TV's Glenn McEntyre reported."

see thats the problem I have. What jury is going to come to trail with an open mind that brandon wasn't racing and he is innocent until proven guilty. The media calls him the "street racer"!

you have to have faith in the system. jury's don't just get appointed...both attorney's have to approve each member to insure they feel they are fair and impartial.

besides, it's not what the media is calling him that they are going to look at....the facts and statements will be what they look at.

you have to have faith in the system. jury's don't just get appointed...both attorney's have to approve each member to insure they feel they are fair and impartial.

besides, it's not what the media is calling him that they are going to look at....the facts and statements will be what they look at.

i have no faith in the system.......

Why you wouldn't see where the media is coming from? They are basing their statements and claims on information they are being given. Seems pretty clear after reading the following why they are using the language they are. Fuck all this legal proof shit....that may be what's needed in court, but come on....if the statements told to investigators are true, then let's everyone call a spade a spade and own up to what happened. Street racing gone wrong.

"Staton's wife and neighbor told investigators that the other man called Staton and challenged him to a race. When asked about the race the driver told police that his car "started breaking loose, so (he) let off the gas," allowing Staton to speed past him.

Staton's neighbor, who was following behind with Staton's wife, said that "after the race was over they both hit their brakes to slow down." The neighbor said it was "5 or 10 seconds later" that Staton lost control and crossed the median, 10TV's Glenn McEntyre reported."

What's to say that they are telling the truth? You are basing your opinions on what was said by someone who is trying to save themselves from being obligated to pay out a lot of money for someone's medical expenses. No one knows for sure who is telling the truth and who isn't. Maybe you should think about that as well.

• 4 months later...
What's to say that they are telling the truth? You are basing your opinions on what was said by someone who is trying to save themselves from being obligated to pay out a lot of money for someone's medical expenses. No one knows for sure who is telling the truth and who isn't. Maybe you should think about that as well.

My opinions are based on the law and how he's legitimately being charged based on the law. I've said it all along that the two parties will eventually point fingers and part of that is to avoid the financial implications. Looks like I was correct.

BTW...thread brought back because it contains points relevant to and being questioned in the latest thread about the trial beginning.

Please remember people.......this is the sad reality of street racing. It dosent prove anything and in the end good people end up ruining their lives.

No one is immune from it.........not preaching, I see the aftermath all the time it's just a sad fact.