Street Racing Charge On WBNS 10TV

KillJoy

I wouldnt. I would want to see him charged for street racing and what was done to my mom.. that would be it.

If I did decide I wanted to see him fry it would be out of revenge, not out of a persuit for justice.

I think someone Hijacked Dollars account.

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im sorry for your loss, but crucifying an 18 year old kid because somebody else wrecked their car hurting an innocent person, is wrong... brandon did not make george speed, he did not hold a gun to his head and tell him to drive...george sped on his own, and he lost control

i dont see how this relates to what happened with your brother...your brother was hit by a drunk driver, of course the person should be charged... if george would have suvived the accident then i think by all means he should have been prosecuted... but not brandon, he didnt wreck or hurt anyone....forget your lawyer talk that explains why he fits the charges etc, its still wrong to ruin his life because of the mistakes of another person...again im sorry for your loss

was brandon out there acting like a fool with george on a bad winter night i am sure there is alot more to the story then we no.the grandjury must of had alot of stuff on brandon to charge him.if brandon did do some WRONG he would not tell you the truth.i think we all would try to stick to a story that will not make us look bad.so we can get out of what we were in .boy i tell you i use to street race every weekend i love it as i got older i relize that it was not worth it we made alot of money on weekend an i still do act a fool sometime with my cars but i do it were no one at if i hurt anybody it me.

was brandon out there acting like a fool with george on a bad winter night i am sure there is alot more to the story then we no.the grandjury must of had alot of stuff on brandon to charge him.if brandon did do some WRONG he would not tell you the truth.i think we all would try to stick to a story that will not make us look bad.so we can get out of what we were in .

Street racing is a hot topic. I bet If it wasnt this thing would be over and all we would be dealing with would be a civil suit.

Street racing is a hot topic. I bet If it wasnt this thing would be over and all we would be dealing with would be a civil suit.

that right every one noes the police will hang you if the even think you did something wrong the cops are out for blood if the catch you taking off from a traffic light to fast.

I only made it through 6 pages of this, and I don't know either of these guys or the specifics other than what has been posted here. I had a friend who went out bar hopping with another guy and they ultimately hit a concrete bridge abuttment and the other guy was killed. My friend was convicted of vehicular homicide and sentenced to 8 years and lost his license for life eventhough he was not driving(the guy who died had a bruise imprint of the steering wheel in his chest). The state is going to try to hold someone responsible if they can to appease the family of the girl. I hope if Brandon is innocent that he is found innocent and can live his life the way he chooses.

As to the "change the laws" idea unfortunately the people who write the laws are generally the people who benefit from their use by charging you $200+ an hour...they would be the lawyers.

Lastly, I would think that anyone of sound mind would be aware that anything that they post on an internet site would be open to scrutany by not only fellow members but to whom ever wields the sword of prosecution. Whether you believe it or think it's bs, watch "Enemy of the State" and just consider if it "could" be plausible, then live your life as if everyone is paying attention to what you do...because someone is!

how would you feel if it was your mom that got hurt like that young lady did.i bet you would want everyone that was involed to get the max

im not sure any of us could know what we would do in that situation. either way, it doesnt matter though. just because me, you, or anyone else on here might go after everyone that is even vaguely involved doesn't mean its the right thing to do.

I disagree....I don't see it as a pissing match. There's way more to it and real people are involved. It has impact on many of us who have been affected by related events in the past, others who have perhaps come close to facing similar charges and it's relevant to everyone getting a better understanding of what's really happening.

I've been a part of this and Linn's discussions and gotten grief in both cases, but hopefully out of all of my rants and heat taken, things are more than just pissing matches....hopefully we all get a little better understanding of what is going on out there. I have enough drama in my own life and if I wanted a pissing contest, I don't need to come here for it; believe me.

BTW...welcome to CR....if I didn't catch you in The Oven at some point earlier.

I see your point and you are one hell of a debater sir. :thumbup:

His actions certainly meet the legal defintion:

Involuntary Manslaughter: In order for a person to be found guilty of involuntary manslaughter the prosecution must prove

1. That someone was killed as a result of the action.

2. Second, in the circumstances existing at the time, the person's act either was by its nature dangerous to human life or was done with reckless disregard for human life

3. The person either knew that their actions were a threat to the lives of others or knew that the circumstances that could reasonably be a threat to the lives of others.

All the charges are certainly balls to the wall serious, but then in any situation like this, they pull no punches and load up the charges. They'll never go in light on charges. Never.

sorry charlie, does not apply to number 1. we aren't talking about chaos theory where a butterfly flaps it's wings and somone gets shot around the world. the guy was unsafely operating a motor vehicle, in no way did his actions hurt that girl. The family going after damages made by george via legal means, sure.

People are killed by drunk drivers every day, and dont get this much coverage. The difference is, alot of people drink and drive, not many street race, so they think it must be worse.

People are killed by drunk drivers every day, and dont get this much coverage. The difference is, alot of people drink and drive, not many street race, so they think it must be worse.

I totally agree with this. I wonder how many more people get killed by drunk drivers. Not to mention how many people get accused of racing and are just driving fast(not in regards to this).

was brandon out there acting like a fool with george on a bad winter night i am sure there is alot more to the story then we no.the grandjury must of had alot of stuff on brandon to charge him.if brandon did do some WRONG he would not tell you the truth.i think we all would try to stick to a story that will not make us look bad.so we can get out of what we were in .boy i tell you i use to street race every weekend i love it as i got older i relize that it was not worth it we made alot of money on weekend an i still do act a fool sometime with my cars but i do it were no one at if i hurt anybody it me.

As I get older, I realize how important punctuation is. I can't even read your post for Christ's sake.

I love me some 5th grade education of DB.

sorry charlie, does not apply to number 1. we aren't talking about chaos theory where a butterfly flaps it's wings and somone gets shot around the world. the guy was unsafely operating a motor vehicle, in no way did his actions hurt that girl. The family going after damages made by george via legal means, sure.

The points I noted are exactly what the DA looks for when applying a charge of involuntary manslaughter. What is it that you think they need to make that charge apply? Do you think they just pick charges at random and hope for some random reason the grand jury agrees?

You and others have already stated that you believe he was unsafely operating a motor vehicle. Some say simply charge him with drag racing. Well then you have just supported the DA's charge because, again, that type of involvement is exactly, what they need. Even a simple misdemeanor makes the law applicable when the death of another is involved. That's a basic principle within the ORC for the charge.

This isn't some butterfly theory...there's a direct connection to his being there and involved. He wasn't just a complete stranger driving home from work on the other side of the road with zero association with George.

I'll push my repeat button and say it: There's no glass bubbles around you just because you weren't the one directly responsible for the actions of others you were with that cause a death or injury to others. There's accountability to some degree with everyone connected. The degree of that accountability will likely be reflected in the sentencing should he be found guilty.

The law is written that way to discourage/punish not only those that commit commit the crime, but those that chose to associate with them. ie...thinking you can just tag along on a bank robbery, drive the car and not be implicated should someone be shot. Yes, like it or not, laws require that folks make some sound intelligent decisions related to their actions. In-Action nor ignorance doesn't make you any less guilty. Try it next time you are pulled over for speeding and see what that gets you.

And so far as all the "other" examples provided here.....every situation is different so you can't expect every single case to be exactly the same. We could go on for years debating on tangents.

So add your name to the list of those that don't approve of the law but you've yet to show, other than through opinion, what he's done doesn't warrant the charge.

This thread is pretty long, I read the first page or so. The person being charged was racing but not the one that wrecked correct? If so I feel bad for the dude and hope things turn out ok for him.

no he was "alegedly" racing. thats the problem I have with this whole situation. NO ONE knows if they were actually racing or not. from what I have read in the news, the accident happen after an attempted race. which wouldn't be in the act of racing.

no he was "alegedly" racing. thats the problem I have with this whole situation. NO ONE knows if they were actually racing or not. from what I have read in the news, the accident happen after an attempted race. which wouldn't be in the act of racing.

he will be alleged to have done so until he's convicted. no one has declared him guilty. they simply proved to a grand jury through the evidence and testimony that he was likely involved and according to the law there's enough there to charge him as they did.

you can't say for sure what the prosecution knows or doesn't know. all the testimony, interviews and data the prosecution had in their hands as they were preparing to charge him is kept secret. it's quite likely that they may not have a video tape, but they could..or they could have testimony that says he was indeed racing or they could even have proof that he was. no one knows....yet.

Sounds like fancy wording. Alledged race, attempted race, act of racing, non of that is going to sound ok in court.

it's not fancy wording. the prosecution can't say he was or wasn't doing anything until his guilt or innocence has been proven. until then, he will be "alledged" to have been involved in _____ you fill in the blanks.

even if you get nailed for speeding and then want to take it to court, you're still alleged to have been speeding and innocent until you go to court. hence why tickets don't drop off your record until the date their case is closed vs the date you actually got the ticket.

it's not fancy wording. the prosecution can't say he was or wasn't doing anything until his guilt or innocence has been proven. until then, he will be "alledged" to have been involved in _____ you fill in the blanks.

How are they go to prove his guilt or innocence?

I am George's wife. First none of you really know what happened that night yes I was there I was following behind. You don't know who called to set up the race . If any of you knew George you would know that he did not like to back down from anything after being called out. I did not ask for any of this to happen to Brandon. I asked the ADA what could be done for him not to be charged, there is nothing I can do. I believe the Durban family is pushing for this. Brandon, I believe is a good kid and both of them should have mad different decisions that night. So how about you quit talking shit about myself and my late husband. I am already stressed enough by all of this and everything else.