Camaro or Corvette

Yamaha74

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't get why everyone hates LT1's so bad.... LS1's do make more power and are easier to work on, but LT1's can be very reliable and make tons of power.

honestly man, I'm going to agree with what you said, if money isn't an option, buy a vette.... if money is an option, go with a camaro.

What's wrong with a 98?

just not as good of a starting point, the computer system is a little less sophisticated, the had a worse flowing head with perimeter bolts on the valvecovers, and the oil passageway was slightly different.

it was just a first year car, it had some flaws. if you want a f-body 2001-02 is the best setup stop in my opinon, but if you modify heavily it doesnt really matter.

01-02s had no egr (LS6 intake) and a better exhaust setup

but... if you want to put the cash out the vette would probably be the better way to go, as mentioned earlier, if you want a cheap drag car, get the f body, but the vette will be the better handling car

just not as good of a starting point, the computer system is a little less sophisticated, the had a worse flowing head with perimeter bolts on the valvecovers, and the oil passageway was slightly different.

it was just a first year car, it had some flaws. if you want a f-body 2001-02 is the best setup stop in my opinon, but if you modify heavily it doesnt really matter.

01-02s had no egr (LS6 intake) and a better exhaust setup

but... if you want to put the cash out the vette would probably be the better way to go, as mentioned earlier, if you want a cheap drag car, get the f body, but the vette will be the better handling car

Mostly true, but the PCM is exactly the same for all LS1 f-bodys, the problem with the 98 is that the wiring harness is different and the pins aren't the same. This doesn't become much of an issue for most people.

By the time the 01-02 model year came around, GM had developed the LS6 engine and had worked out small things like oil pump failures. All of the other differences make no difference with a few mods, like headers and intake. The cams are really close between years.

Mostly true, but the PCM is exactly the same for all LS1 f-bodys, the problem with the 98 is that the wiring harness is different and the pins aren't the same. This doesn't become much of an issue for most people.

By the time the 01-02 model year came around, GM had developed the LS6 engine and had worked out small things like oil pump failures. All of the other differences make no difference with a few mods, like headers and intake. The cams are really close between years.

o ok didnt know it was the wiring harness that was different.

speaking of eating pistons, heres a piston that came out of a 99 ta i worked on. poor thing only had 60000 miles. shows what happens when you dont take care of your shit.

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b200/dragcamaro/car/WS6/0830081049-00.jpg

o ok didnt know it was the wiring harness that was different.

speaking of eating pistons, heres a piston that came out of a 99 ta i worked on. poor thing only had 60000 miles. shows what happens when you dont take care of your shit.

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b200/dragcamaro/car/WS6/0830081049-00.jpg

Interesting picture. That just goes to show that these stock bottom ends might be really good, but they do have limitations. My poor car only has 53k miles on it with a rebuilt tranny, rear end, and now engine :( but that's what happens when you beat on them.