Camaro or Corvette

Yamaha74

Maybe a retard question, but aside from valve covers that say "corvette", is there any difference between the LS1 in a Vette vs. the LS1 in a Camaro?

Its hard to see cause the engine bay setups are different, but if you look closely at the way the headers flow back in the camaro, its looks curiously like a waterfall.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe a retard question, but aside from valve covers that say "corvette", is there any difference between the LS1 in a Vette vs. the LS1 in a Camaro?

the coil covers are just a cover for the vette, they also will fit camaros. the engines are the same.

Is Corvette Corner still around, or did they tank? Haven't been by there in a while...

BTW, why does everyone assume F-bodies can't turn? A little bit of work on the suspension, a tubular K-member, frame connectors, and some track-tuning, and an F-body can be a damn fine performer.

um no, its because they are over priced. and there are quite a few dealers that sell more new and used vettes a year than mcdorman.

Then what do you recommend? private owner? another dealership?

Im just looking for a fair market price, and something that isn't completely flogged to shit.

BTW, why does everyone assume F-bodies can't turn? A little bit of work on the suspension, a tubular K-member, frame connectors, and some track-tuning, and an F-body can be a damn fine performer.

Put that money in a Vette and tell me how well they compare. Don't get me wrong a Camaro handles really well for the street. Just some springs, sway bars and sub-frame connectors do an F-body wonders, but that just gets it close to a stock Vette.

Then what do you recommend? private owner? another dealership?

Im just looking for a fair market price, and something that isn't completely flogged to shit.

corvetteforum.com has some deals, i bought mine off of auto trader and went to Lancing Mi. i would never buy a corvette from a dealer, you pay more just because its a vette. also check carmax.com and see. they had one for 1k more than i paid for mine but they wanted $400 to ship it here from out of state just so i could look at it.