Scotty2Hotty

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The AR in the corner of my room and the Kimber under my pillow

Then grab me boots and pre loaded tac vest and start awalkin/running

The AR in the corner of my room and the Kimber under my pillow

Not two guns to be lost in the wilderness with...too fancy. Kimber can't be field stripped.

...and start awalkin/running

Haha, that brings up a good point. How many here would be in good enough shape to even deal with this sort of situation?

If you started running, how far could you get, even outside of town? How about even just walking with your gear on (and some of these heavy riffles and pistols)?

Not saying anything stereotyping people here, just that people in general are really out of shape.

Better start training if you think that the zombie infestation is near or all of the guns in the world won't do you any good. :bangbang:

Haha, that brings up a good point. How many here would be in good enough shape to even deal with this sort of situation?

If you started running, how far could you get, even outside of town? How about even just walking with your gear on (and some of these heavy riffles and pistols)?

Not saying anything stereotyping people here, just that people in general are really out of shape.

Better start training if you think that the zombie infestation is near or all of the guns in the world won't do you any good. :bangbang:

I am not fast so I would not bet i could outrun anyone. But why do you have to run to survive. Lot can be said for being aware of your surroundings and setting yourself up for best defensive/offensive setting.

I am not fast so I would not bet i could outrun anyone. But why do you have to run to survive. Lot can be said for being aware of your surroundings and setting yourself up for best defensive/offensive setting.

I'm pretty sure if there were some sort of catastrophic event that ended this world as we know it and sent us back to the primeval ages, so to speak, those in shape would have a much better chance of surviving. Especially within the first few hours, days, months. Eventually everyone would adapt (or die). If it were such a situation where you would need to be fit, the situation would probably make you fit. But that doesn't happen right away. They are lots of people that can't make it up a (few) set(s) of steps without being out of breath. You don't have to look/be fat for that to happen either.

I do agree that there are lots of other pieces to the equation, luck not the very least being one of them. But being able to hike 10 miles with 50 lbs on your back or run a few miles is going to go a long way... no pun intended.

If you don't understand why you may need to do those things in such a situation, I would highly question your abilities in situational awareness. ;) The armed forces doesn't expect a base level of physical ability, then teach you to run/get you in shape for nothing.

Fast means almost nothing. Fast is only in short burst for everyone but Olympic level 800m, 1600m runners, crazy Ethiopians running marathon's. Being in shape, IMHO, has more to do with physical stamina than anything else.

I'm pretty sure if there were some sort of catastrophic event that ended this world as we know it and sent us back to the primeval ages, so to speak, those in shape would have a much better chance of surviving. Especially within the first few hours, days, months. Eventually everyone would adapt (or die). If it were such a situation where you would need to be fit, the situation would probably make you fit. But that doesn't happen right away. They are lots of people that can't make it up a (few) set(s) of steps without being out of breath. You don't have to look/be fat for that to happen either.

I do agree that there are lots of other pieces to the equation, luck not the very least being one of them. But being able to hike 10 miles with 50 lbs on your back or run a few miles is going to go a long way... no pun intended.

If you don't understand why you may need to do those things in such a situation, I would highly question your abilities in situational awareness. ;) The armed forces doesn't expect a base level of physical ability, then teach you to run/get you in shape for nothing.

Fast means almost nothing. Fast is only in short burst for everyone but Olympic level 800m, 1600m runners, crazy Ethiopians running marathon's. Being in shape, IMHO, has more to do with physical stamina than anything else.

All absolutely true. I am just looking at the complete survival picture. I am capable enough to hike 10 miles with a 50 lb pack. Running a few miles will not happen. Surviving in the wild I would no doubt be better then 95% of the population and as long as I am part of the 5% who keeps going I would be just fine.

I just have extra fat stored up to keep warm.....

http://www.keepshooting.com/productimages/firearms/handguns/1911_auto_ordnance_coltbig.jpg

and

http://images.hobbytron.com/GG-EGM-014-IWS-lg.jpg

Yes, that is an auto ordanance 1911, mine has never failed. Ever.

And it looks classy next to the tommy with a drum :)

this is your formal invitation to fort Steele

In good enough shape to handle it... and my first instinct would be to grab my Glock 23 and AR.

-Erik

AR is fancy in the respect there are too many little springs and shit you have to worry about when taking it apart. If I'm in a life/death situation and need to strip it...I dont want to have to deal with that....AK, 4 big pieces...DONE. Kimber..if you don't have that little paperclip thingy to take a part....you're phucked. Might as well throw it at people cause I highly don't you'd find something on the ground that'll fit. So that's why I say fancy....got it?

AR is fancy in the respect there are too many little springs and shit you have to worry about when taking it apart. If I'm in a life/death situation and need to strip it...I dont want to have to deal with that....AK, 4 big pieces...DONE. Kimber..if you don't have that little paperclip thingy to take a part....you're phucked. Might as well throw it at people cause I highly don't you'd find something on the ground that'll fit. So that's why I say fancy....got it?

Not all Kimber 1911 pistols (and other manufacturers) have that style of guide rod. Depends on the model.

I would think that if you are popping springs out of your AR, you did something wrong.

Negative....have you ever seen all the little springs they have in various places that if you arent careful when you twist a piece the damn spring will fly 20 ft.

Not all Kimber 1911 pistols (and other manufacturers) have that style of guide rod. Depends on the model.

I am not familiar with any but the one he's talking about...the Ultra Carry II. It has that rod that requires that little piece.

I am not familiar with any but the one he's talking about...the Ultra Carry II. It has that rod that requires that little piece.

Understood. The Pro CDP II I own is the same, need the paper clip thingy. Love the pistol, not a fan of that feature. Larger frame models are paper clip free.

Negative....have you ever seen all the little springs they have in various places that if you arent careful when you twist a piece the damn spring will fly 20 ft.

I just assembled a bare lower last week, so yes. I still don't see why you would need to take stuff apart to the point of the springs coming out, with the exception of changing out certain parts like the grip. Maybe if you toss it in mud with the upper off and get crud in the trigger assembly, but I have no idea why you would be doing that.

I just assembled a bare lower last week, so yes. I still don't see why you would need to take stuff apart to the point of the springs coming out, with the exception of changing out certain parts like the grip. Maybe if you toss it in mud with the upper off and get crud in the trigger assembly, but I have no idea why you would be doing that.

AK's can take it.

:bangbang:

KillJoy