The Day the Earth Stood Still

kizzzzle

Ya I mean it goes beyond the ratio of boringness to action. I believe it was written and directed by a bunch of brainwashed liberal hippies. I no longer have any respect for anyone associated with that movie... not that I had any for Keanu Reeves as it was.

Saw it Friday afternoon. Way too predictable. Will Smith's kid is annoying as hell. $10 for a medium coke & medium popcorn is a ripoff. Easton was way to busy with damn Christmas shoppers, so parking sucked. Only saving grace was that I saw it on an IMAX screen.

Saw it for free so I'm not out any money, but I do want 2 hours of life back.

Watched it at Movie Tavern on Mill Run, so I also got dinner for free as well. What really annoyed me were two things:

1) Product placement: It was clear that McDonalds, Honda, Citizen, etc...paid fat bucks for time on the screen. Someone paid so I could watch a commercial.

2) CG: This movie was just Keanu, Annoying Smith, and no-name chick on a green screen. Made in Phillippines. Helicopter? fake. Central Park? fake. It's depressing. :(

I agree that the 1951 original was MUCH better.