Another help me decide what to buy thread

XChris1632X

When I return home I am going to be buying a new daily. I have wanted a wrangler for a while. They are fun during the summer, good in the snow, and reliable. But they are noisy, cold, and dont get the best miliage. I think it would be an enjoyable vehicle but I dont know if it would be the most practicle thing. I have found some I really like with under 50k on it for around 10,000. For a little bit more I have seen some really nice trailblazers. They are prob more comfortable, a little better mpg, and alright in the snow. I just am starting to think about diff things like long drives, more luxury, more up to date options, practicality, better mpg, and bang for the buck. I dont want to buy something and say I wish I bought something else. Help with some ideas and opinions though. I love cruising with the top off of a wrangler during the summer but I dont know if its the best choice for every other application.

Must haves:

12k range

easy to obtain with lower miles

4 wheel drive

decent amount of room

You could get a grand cherokee limited for around there.

If you want a bit more luxury and comfort you could look at the Saab 9-7X SUV, which is based off of a lot of GMs stuff, or the Volvo XC90

If I was going towards the luxury I would prob still want a Chevy like the trailblazer or tahoe. I am more of a Chevy guy. Oh and it has to be American, I do not like non american made cars. I do like Cherokees though.

If I was going towards the luxury I would prob still want a Chevy like the trailblazer or tahoe. I am more of a Chevy guy. Oh and it has to be American, I do not like non american made cars. I do like Cherokees though.

the saab is a trailblazer with a different skin on it and slightly nicer int.

the saab is a trailblazer with a different skin on it and slightly nicer int.

+1 they look really nice.. I'm a TB owner myself but if I saw the Saab ver. last year when I got mine I would have gotten that one instead..

We (well the wife) has a Grand Cherokee Limited with the Hemi and we like the utility (two kids), safety (all-wheel-drive) and the ability to easily tow my race car. I do hate putting gas in it. I've tried to get wifey to trade up to a newer Grand Cherokee Ltd. diesel (Mercedes V-6 turbo diesel) for better towing (more torque at low RPM) and about 30% better fuel mileage. She hasn't said "Yes" to the new Jeep because they don't have the diesel in the color she prefers.

Feff

Try and find a silverado z71 ext cab. Had a 2000 that regularly sat 5 grown guys in it with no problem. Very comfortable on long trips in fact my parents take there 01 z71 on long trips over my moms lexus ES300, engine is damn near bullit proof with the 5.3L, and gets good gas mileage for a full size truck (I saw 18.5 and my dad has pulled 20 in his 01 Z71.

Well from an old Grand Cherokee owner, I would suggest a Grand. They are great vehicles. I wish they still made them with the 4.0L. I love the 318 in mine, but would like to save some gas mileage with the I6. If I were to get a newer one, a HEMI would be a must. Good luck with the search. Wranglers are fun, but if you want a step up, a GC may be exactly what you are looking for.

Well from an old Grand Cherokee owner, I would suggest a Grand. They are great vehicles. I wish they still made them with the 4.0L. I love the 318 in mine, but would like to save some gas mileage with the I6. If I were to get a newer one, a HEMI would be a must. Good luck with the search. Wranglers are fun, but if you want a step up, a GC may be exactly what you are looking for.

...and I will add that ZJs and WKs are good, but the WJs are very problematic. Stray away.