Got hit by a car while walking. Looking for a lawyer

chrismindless

Heres the problem....You have no idea how this might affect you later in life....Lawyer up asap.

i could probably give him/her an idea/honest opinion if there will be any potential problems down the road related to this injury. if its just scrapes/cuts/bruises, the answer is pretty obvious--broken bones are a different issue.

i have a feeling the injuries aren't too severe at all, and will likely not have any permanent consequences. however the original poster is entitled to get any and all hospital bills covered, as well as lost work, and some for pain/suffering--in that order of magnitude, with the hospital bills being the most.

I have a concussion but luckily no pockets of blood in my brain. I hear ringing, pressure in my ears, and my memory is kinda foggy. Should go away in a couple days. Terrible headaches though.

What happened is my entire left side absorbed the impact. Luckily, no broken bones but it hurts to breathe deeply. Most likely some ribs are bruised or fractured. Only thing I can do is let 'em heal. My left shine has a bump the size of a baseball. Taking an anti-inflammatory drug to keep the swelling down. My left arm and especially my hand/wrist is bruised and sore. I kinda put my hand out to stop the suv out of instinct. I expect that to be my biggest on going problem.

As far as my head and neck goes ... whiplash unlike any Ive had. You have to picture this in your mind, the grille and bumper hit my body and my head slammed on the hood. Imagine the angle of my neck and the force of that impact plus the speed at which it all happened. The swelling in my left eye is down but I have a nice cut on my eye lid. The puddle of blood was from the cuts to my inner lip. I guess you could say my face looks like someone took a solid swing at me. SO far, havent lost any teeth though I can wiggle of few of them.

Overall, Im damn lucky to be alive and not have suffered worse trauma. Ironically the woman that was in the CAT scan before me was injured the same way as me but was much worse off.

PUDDLE ... OF ... BLOOD made me laugh, too!

Im going to take your advice and call the lawyer you suggested, doc. Thank you.

I have a concussion but luckily no pockets of blood in my brain. I hear ringing, pressure in my ears, and my memory is kinda foggy. Should go away in a couple days. Terrible headaches though.

What happened is my entire left side absorbed the impact. Luckily, no broken bones but it hurts to breathe deeply. Most likely some ribs are bruised or fractured. Only thing I can do is let 'em heal. My left shine has a bump the size of a baseball. Taking an anti-inflammatory drug to keep the swelling down. My left arm and especially my hand/wrist is bruised and sore. I kinda put my hand out to stop the suv out of instinct. I expect that to be my biggest on going problem.

As far as my head and neck goes ... whiplash unlike any Ive had. You have to picture this in your mind, the grille and bumper hit my body and my head slammed on the hood. Imagine the angle of my neck and the force of that impact plus the speed at which it all happened. The swelling in my left eye is down but I have a nice cut on my eye lid. The puddle of blood was from the cuts to my inner lip. I guess you could say my face looks like someone took a solid swing at me. SO far, havent lost any teeth though I can wiggle of few of them.

Overall, Im damn lucky to be alive and not have suffered worse trauma. Ironically the woman that was in the CAT scan before me was injured the same way as me but was much worse off.

PUDDLE ... OF ... BLOOD made me laugh, too!

Im going to take your advice and call the lawyer you suggested, doc. Thank you.

:nopics:

Man sounds like you got roughed up. Sorry to hear about that. At least you are still sucking air.

• Confused 1

I have an appointment with Karr&Sherman this Friday at 11am. I just had a follow up at the student health center ... looks like I am going to have to get surgery on my left hand which means I might not be riding this summer ... the threat of not being able to ride has me pretty f-ing pissed right now. I have 8 track days planned for the summer. If I cant race this year ... well i want compensation to the tune of 100 million billion dollars ...

I would love to goto a chiropractor, and im not kidding, but i have over 60 voicemails from every practice in the city. At this point, thinking of just randomly picking one to see. Actually, Im going to pick the one with the hottest nurses. No joke. Im going to get some enjoyment out of this BS ;) -boobies ftw-

Lawyers are a tough call. They all pretty much say the same thing and promise the same. I did call Kevin Kurgis for kicks. Ill keep this thread updated but I dont think anything will really happen anytime soon, but what do I know? Im not a lawyer nor have I ever had to deal with this before.

i haven't met with keith karr yet, so let me know how he sounds. if by any chance he asks, ron farabaugh told me about him. once i get some time im gonna set up a consultation.

if you're looking for a chiro, i see mark marohl at farabaugh chiropractic. its on 161 between ponderosa and cleveland. office # is 614-898-1944. if "brenda" answers the phone, tell her "your son told me to call in and set up an appointment"