5.0 head gasket and studs install

Ramsey

rob is a good guy to deal with ramsey he will treat your car like his own and always has given me a hand and went the extra mile for me.

oh i know, he has helped out me before with my dads jeep. I am most likely going to have to do it myself and save the cash for other turbo shit.

Guest Removed
Yeah, i will keep you updated. Thanks for the info, i got time so, i will prolly just do it myself.

will if you do, get you some wet/dry sand paper 800 or so, and a flat peice of glass(its what i use, it dont flex) and wet down the head gasket area on the block and heads and rub them till there nice and smooth. helps the mls gasket seal up better. but do this after you clean them!

will if you do, get you some wet/dry sand paper 800 or so, and a flat peice of glass(its what i use, it dont flex) and wet down the head gasket area on the block and heads and rub them till there nice and smooth. helps the mls gasket seal up better. but do this after you clean them!

should you apply copper spray seal to them also?

Guest Removed

only if they call for it...in most case's NO..peon's yes... i normally dont. i do mine dry. like hondas!

soild copper head gaskets ,yes

i used that stuff once on a sbc with cometics, had very slight air leakage into the cooling system, next time around i did them dry and didnt have the issue anymore.

• 1 month later...
Guest Removed
Do you know what part number? where is the best place to get them? Will i need to machine the heads or anything?

no machine work just do what i was talking about in this thread, about cleaning the heads and block real well. they have to have a very smooth surface to seal.

il look at part numbers and see what i find

We might....

I would recommend Rob to anyone he is top notch and knows these cars inside and out he always helps me with my car and knows whats wrong with it and how to fix it before i even get it to his house.

Take the car to rob so you know its done right

/Thread

Guest Removed
I used a Mr Gasket brand MLS on my 2.3t with studs at 28psi and it held up they make mls gasket for 5.0 also

now,l not to say anything bad about them, but when those things first came out, i installed them in a buddies car, and it was mainly stock, studs, etc. on spray, and we couldnt keep those in that motor(i changed them 3 times), we moved to standard felpros and the air in the coolant system after a few hard pass's was gone.after a few spray pass's, we would get air in the cooling system.