Computer dudes

Scotty2Hotty

I'm ordering a Dell Inspire 1525 this week

Specs:

Intel® Celeron® 560 (1MB cache/2.13GHz/533Mhz FSB)

Genuine Windows Vista® Home Basic Edition SP1

Glossy, widescreen 15.4 inch display (1280x800)

CD / DVD Writer (DVD+/-RW Drive)

2GB1 Shared Dual Channel DDR2 (2 Dimms)

Size: 120GB2 SATA Hard Drive (5400RPM)

Intel Graphics Media Accelerator X3100

High Definition Audio 2.0

Dell Wireless 1395 802.11g Mini-Card

6 cell battery

Just using this basically for school/internet browsing. Think it's worthy to do so? I'm not a huge computer guru, but from what I know it should be able to do what I need for atleast 2 years.

I'm ordering a Dell Inspire 1525 this week

Specs:

Intel® Celeron® 560 (1MB cache/2.13GHz/533Mhz FSB)

Genuine Windows Vista® Home Basic Edition SP1

Glossy, widescreen 15.4 inch display (1280x800)

CD / DVD Writer (DVD+/-RW Drive)

2GB1 Shared Dual Channel DDR2 (2 Dimms)

Size: 120GB2 SATA Hard Drive (5400RPM)

Intel Graphics Media Accelerator X3100

High Definition Audio 2.0

Dell Wireless 1395 802.11g Mini-Card

6 cell battery

Just using this basically for school/internet browsing. Think it's worthy to do so? I'm not a huge computer guru, but from what I know it should be able to do what I need for atleast 2 years.

If you can i would go with a core 2 duo for the processor... i wouldn't go with a Celeron® .... if your interested, the consulting company i work for gets huge discounts at Dell. PM if your interested. I can see what we can get that setup for you.

We sell them at cost so there isn't any mark up. Sometimes we can just send you the link and you can order from dell directly without going through us.

If you can i would go with a core 2 duo for the processor... i wouldn't go with a Celeron® .... if your interested, the consulting company i work for gets huge discounts at Dell. PM if your interested. I can see what we can get that setup for you.

agreed, the celeron isn't very good in the laptops. get a intel core 2 duo. generally with a laptop you wanna make sure you get a good processor, most everything else is able to be replaced but the processor, motherboard, and video cards cannot be changed out(all integrated)

I'm using my step-dad's AEP discount, but thanks for the info. I'll spend the extra $$ to upgrade. Like I said more for school crap and internet screwing off.

Core 2 duo it is. I was going to get the Windows XP professional, but honestly I won't need that for a few years. I'll be buying another desktop sometime next year aswell.

If you have an Dell OEM windows xp disc you can "downgrade" to xp even if the laptop ships with vista. So if you want xp on a dell don't by it. Just get an OEM disk and install xp. You don't have to worry about activating it. I have plenty of them... i can give you access to my ftp share and you can download the iso. Then you can burn your own copy.

Sometimes you will then need to go to Dells site and download the xp drivers once xp is installed but they have them on their site.

I've seen many of the Dell laptops spec'd to have Vista Pro installed but have XP Pro as an option come with a complete install disc for both. Not sure if this holds true for the Vista Home variant. Just an FYI.

not a bad set up. if all you are doing is tooling around the net, thwn you will be good to go. i prefer vista over xp anyway. vista has great features that get overshadowed by people who hate vista...yet have no experience with it. personally, i would upgrade to ultimate or get a copy of ultimate some other way (bitlocker and FTP supports). the superfetch and ready boost features alone are worthy enough to warrant having vista over xp.

i am sure to get answers back telling me how bad vista sucks...i hated it at first also, until i got certified in vista and found out what it can actually do. now i love it.