Stupid question about GM atuos...

coltboostin

I have a 700R4 if you go that route.

i have went the 700r4 route , dont do it .u are just wasting ur time and good money .if u got to have od do a rossler 4l80e and be done with it .

p.s. i bought all the good stuff for it , like rvmvb ,converters ,everything tci had for the inside for the best tranny they had . still wouldnt stay together and with him running 200 mph i wouldnt even try it i riped 3-4 gear out at 155 mph so dont do it .

i have went the 700r4 route , dont do it .u are just wasting ur time and good money .if u got to have od do a rossler 4l80e and be done with it .

p.s. i bought all the good stuff for it , like rvmvb ,converters ,everything tci had for the inside for the best tranny they had . still wouldnt stay together and with him running 200 mph i wouldnt even try it i riped 3-4 gear out at 155 mph so dont do it .

I wouldn't go the 700 route either, but I know he likes to keep it cheap.

Another good option for building a 4l80e is a guy in Akron - Vince Janis/Janis Transmissions. Probably cheaper than Rossler, stands behind his work and will go through it after he builds it for very cheap. He is known for building 200-4Rs, has a full weight 86 t-top GN with no cage that runs high 9s with a 200.

I use him for all my builds.

Guest Removed
as cheap as he can get is a stock t-56. no matter what gm auto trans he buys wont hold it! even with a mild built th350 and a gear vendors he would be double the cost of a used t56

as cheap as he can get is a stock t-56. no matter what gm auto trans he buys wont hold it! even with a mild built th350 and a gear vendors he would be double the cost of a used t56

That's Scary. If it wont hold the power, and it looks like most people are saying it wont, it looks like this is not as viable of an option as I thought.

Guest Removed
a good built 400 turbo or a 4l80e would hold up .

ie built unit! he is talking stockish or rebuilt! not built!

built 4l80e would be way more then a junkyarded t56

same story with a built th400. even used he wont have the gearing he would needs for his highway use.

a stock 400 would take the abuse, but would rob power to the wheels big time.and he wouldnt have the gearing needed.

a 4l80e even stock i dont think would hold, but may. but then he needs to put out more money just buying units to control the damn valve body!and may just rob as much power as a th400.

im still saying just go get a t56 and stfu. im sure you can find one up that way on the cheap!

ie built unit! he is talking stockish or rebuilt! not built!

built 4l80e would be way more then a junkyarded t56

same story with a built th400. even used he wont have the gearing he would needs for his highway use.

a stock 400 would take the abuse, but would rob power to the wheels big time.and he wouldnt have the gearing needed.

a 4l80e even stock i dont think would hold, but may. but then he needs to put out more money just buying units to control the damn valve body!and may just rob as much power as a th400.

im still saying just go get a t56 and stfu. im sure you can find one up that way on the cheap!

they do make a manual valve body fro the 4l80e now and they would both hold up for a little bit with shift kits more than anything eles out there .

Guest Removed
they do make a manual valve body fro the 4l80e now and they would both hold up for a little bit with shift kits more than anything eles out there .

ie laying out more money on top of buyying said trans,

see where that dont work with a low budget