Wedding Photographers? Recommendations

theweiser1

IMO, photog fees will likely be $2-4k. Our wedding was a total of $12k back in 1997 and that was a very conservative deal. We had a fairly expensive reception with a full Elvis Concert at the former Divinci's. Penny shot our wedding.

I agree.

Nathan and I spent ~15K on our wedding. We also scrimped here and there, so we could splurge on the things that were important to us.

We wanted a nice location, with decent food, and REALLY nice pictures, THAT WE OWNED and had rights to print any time, anyway we pleased.. I refused to compromise on this.

We did fairly well, and we had a lovely wedding.

Just make sure you sit down and decide TOGETHER, (without her friends, or either of yoru familys) there to know what is important, it will help you balance the budget way better.

To me spending a third of our budget almost on photos was the most important part to me. And they still sit on my coffee table, and up my website. I like to look at them because the day went so fast, i barely remember it.

To me spending a third of our budget almost on photos was the most important part to me. And they still sit on my coffee table, and up my website. I like to look at them because the day went so fast, i barely remember it.

Thats the #1 reason photogs get to charge so much. Not many do remember it and 1/3 is about the right price as long as your not paying someone to take pics and give you a CD full of RAW files.