Crazy enough that it just might work....

Science Abuse

Spike in a graph, just part of the upward trend.

http://img57.imageshack.us/img57/8987/newbitmapimagens7.png

according to that graph the percent difference in the 1920 low spot and our current one is way more than what the affect of global warming is. i.e. i'm pretty sure that graph is bullshit.

according to that graph the percent difference in the 1920 low spot and our current one is way more than what the affect of global warming is. i.e. i'm pretty sure that graph is bullshit.

Also the lack of numeric values....? Yes, it's just a visual aid pointing out how silly it is to look at a smalll downturn as proof that something isn't happening.

Also the lack of numeric values....? Yes, it's just a visual aid pointing out how silly it is to look at a smalll downturn as proof that something isn't happening.

Your right. A small sample of temps rising should not be cause for alarm either.

Your right. A small sample of temps rising should not be cause for alarm either.

Indeed, good thing we have a means to accurately ascertain the global temp cycles for the last couple hundred millenia, get "ball parks" on a dozen or so million years, and good guesses on the rest.

http://www.climateactionnetwork.ca/images/charts/vostok-ice-core.jpg

See, it's a cycle, and it's happening again... accept moreso than before (note C02 ppm for 2005).

Point: It's past a tipping point where it can be stopped, it will continue to accelerate untill it stabilizes and falls again. Evidence suggests that it's moving faster now than it has in the past. This is shit that we need a plan for, and a means of slowing it down a bit can only help. The way we get our food is reliant on things being how they are.... and they aint going to stay that way.

http://imgs.xkcd.com/store/imgs/science_square_0.png

Eric, your graph's are worthless. The first one (that you love to throw around so much) doesn't even have a scale for degrees. That could mean the difference between half a degree and 5 MILLION degrees. Either way, that graph is shit.

The other two graphs you posted stop at 1950, not 2005 like you said. There is no way to back your claim with those graph's that anything is changing faster now than at any other point in time, simply because it's 59 years out of date.

The most recent global model done by some Russian scientists says that we've basically reached the peak and will be seeing another ice age soon (well soon being something like 10,000-100,000 yrs.)

But whatever I'm to lazy to look it up. Heard it on an NPR report in the car.

The carbon emissions on this planet caused by humans are so hysterically low compared to natural occurrence, that I cannot understand the infatuation with people to try and "fix" the effects of climate change. Any person(s) that really gets caught up in this scam needs to step back and question themselves about their gullibility. Given that, there's still no reason to treat the planet like a waste-yard.

If I lost in the race for presidency, I too, would make some bullshit up to reach prestige(knowing that some people will actually believe me).

You know what?! I'm going to go ahead, come on in here and stake my reputation on a future claim.

I predict, some time around March or April, we will experience global warming on a large scale.

There. I said it. Fucking count it.

:D

Oh, and fuck blinding, white roads. Oh, and blinding all passing aliens. You want more of them to crash into us? Do you know how hard it is to keep white clean? Also, it'll be like living in a fuckin institution!:p

Eric, your graph's are worthless. The first one (that you love to throw around so much) doesn't even have a scale for degrees.

Dude, read; It's a "lol". It exists soley to poke fun at people who only pay attention to "now" and ignore everything else.

The second graph cover trends of the last 400,000 years, 59 years is nothing on that graph. Secondly, it shows a natural trend of climate shift, you should LOVE that graph if you're arguing that we aren't effecting anything.

You know what?! I'm going to go ahead, come on in here and stake my reputation on a future claim.

I predict, some time around March or April, we will experience global warming on a large scale.

If it get's warmer here, but colder somewhere else *cough* southern hemisphere *cough* then it's not getting warmer or colder globally.

Explain something to me:

Why the fuck is it 10 degrees here, and 30 in Anchorage, Alaska??????????

GLOBAL WARMING!!! :-) had to do it.

now that i have had my fun. this movement has done a lot of great things and the earth is better for it. so if global warming is real or not the threat of it did finally make people think that maybe just maybe they should take care of the planet we live on. i could list a ton of proof that the suns harmfully rays and depletion of the ozone is causing real problems, but honestly... it does not matter to the idiots who dont care about the earth. deaf ears. same idiots who would pour coolant or oil down a sewer drain or in a hole in their back yard. humans have cause irreversible damage to this planet and the creatures we share it with. course most of them will just put up one of these :gives: and walk away.