anyone own or shot this?

Ef8sirJunkie

Saiga 12 guage tactical shotgun

http://gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=120233833

im looking into more information i would like something like this it also can get drums for it. after watching the fully auto shotgun on future weapons i have been wanting a tactical type shotgun. i would like to know your opinions if you have shot this or own this gun please!

http://www.keepshooting.com/productimages/firearms/shotguns/saiga12gaugeshotgunbig.jpg

http://mywebsite.register.com/db4/00329/elitefirearms.net/_uimages/saiga12.jpg

lol i wasnt gonna pay 1,000 for a stock one i seen some on there for $550-800. how do you like them any issues? how legal is that barrel on the short one i thought all shotguns had to be a regulation size barrel of like 10+ inches? with that short of a barrel is it legal to put on a front hand grip? i have found the pistol grip and butt that i would like to put on one of these but i wont it as short barrel as possible (legal).

I have one in .410, and love it except that I really wish it was a 12 guage. They are VERY hard to get ahold of, so good luck.

I've never heard of anyone having trouble with them. As for the conversion, you have to pay a tax stamp on a short barrel, the other stuff is fine.

As Copperhead said, anything less than an 18" barrel is considered a short barreled shotgun, and as such, requires a tax stamp from the .gov to do. Depending on which model you get, the factory barrel is either 19" or 21". Pistol grips, foregrips and such are of no concern.

so i have to get that barrel tax stamped before i can own it is what your saying? i was lookin at tromix site and was wondering if i could just buy the parts to convert it to that and i guess get it tax stamped, im guessing ill have to send it in like you then?

The basic pistol grip conversion is cake. The SBS process....not so much. You'd have to be damn good at TIG welding, as well as having a lathe and such to shorten the barrel and also the gas system, which looks like a bitch to do from my point of view.

The Tax Stamp, is a stamp on a piece of paper (form 4) that is required for all NFA items.

The process goes like this:

-You find a gun

-If you're doing the conversion yourself, you send out a form 1 to the ATF with all the needed info. Wait 3-6 months for the ATF to return it with a 'tax stamp' on it, and then you're clear to build your SBS. Doing so before receiving your tax stamp is a felony. You'll need to stamp or engrave your Tax Stamp # as well as some other info onto the gun.

-If you plan on having Tromix do it (I'd highly recommend this route), you'll need to get on the waitlist for the conversion. At this time, they aren't taking any more people on the waitlist, and will open up a new list starting January 2011. So you're really gonna have to wait a while. Once your # is up, and Tromix goes to do the conversion, they'll send out the Form 1 to the ATF. They'll get the form back in about 2 weeks. Meanwhile, you'd need to line up an NFA (Class 2 or 3) dealer in your neighborhood. This person will be who Tromix ships the finished gun to. Tromix will finish the gun upon receiving your dealer's info and ship it to your dealer on a Form 3. At this point, you go see your dealer and fill out a Form 4. Pay your dealer his transfer fee (around $100), as well as the $200 for the tax stamp. Wait 3-6 months for the slow ass ATF to send back your paperwork.

-Pick up your SBS

Yea........it's not confusing or complicated at all.........:mad:

damn that long. well id still like to do it in the future but i must purchase this gun first and go from there. yes i would rather pay them to do all machining needed i just thought it was a barrel swap etc. how far are you on the conversion so far?

I have been looking threw the internet and have found i would like to fit this with a Tapco stock and grip assembly with tapco vertical pistol grip and Chaos package 4 witch includes chaos wave brake, gas piston, & quick clean out, and a possible UTG light.

www.dinzagarms.com

www.chaosus.com

A year ago they weren't hyped up and having supply problems. $550 is now the cheap end for these, and the only way the price will go back down is if they flood the market. I don't see any evil black guns having a flooded market type supply anywhere in the next few years.

If you want one, buy it now. When I get the chance I'll see if I can find the place that sells the parts to do a very simple pistol grip conversion. A short barrel isn't really necessary, and as Austin pointed out its a giant pain to do. Stocks and what not are fairly interchangeable with standard AK parts.

A year ago they weren't hyped up and having supply problems. $550 is now the cheap end for these, and the only way the price will go back down is if they flood the market. I don't see any evil black guns having a flooded market type supply anywhere in the next few years.

If you want one, buy it now. When I get the chance I'll see if I can find the place that sells the parts to do a very simple pistol grip conversion. A short barrel isn't really necessary, and as Austin pointed out its a giant pain to do. Stocks and what not are fairly interchangeable with standard AK parts.

i found stocks for decent prices in a couple post above. i just wont short barrel shotgun for defense and fun, more tactical for when you kick in doors lol. ive shot plenty of 12 and 20 gauge i just wanna be different have an assault shotgun with a drum on it i think is just awesome.

Good luck getting ahold of a drum. There's only been one or two people that have made them in any quantity (that I know of, could be more) and they've only done limited runs, and had them presold months before even producing them. I heard one run was sold out within 10 minutes of opening it up for sale. 10 round mags seem to be somewhat easy to get ahold of though.

If you are hellbent on getting an SBS, I don't know what to tell you.